Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Hp pavillion 360 14-cd0055tx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

I have removed my intel optane and inserted samsung 970 evo plus it is showing in disk management but in samsung magician it is not showing device health and other features such as for performance optimization showing this feature is not supported same for diagnostic scan as well.

I then installed my windows 10 on to the new SSD and rebooted from that still in magician showing same thing and when trying to install the Samsung nvme driver saying device is not connected please connect the device.

Please tell how should I solve this issue I am really irritated and frustated because of this.

Thanks in Advance!

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Neelmani 

Did you properly disable Optane before remove it ? Please try again using the following steps

1. Use Intel Rapid Storage Technology program to disable the Optane memory.
  2. Shut down and remove the Optane card from the M.2 slot and install the M.2 SSD card.
  3. Use a cloning software to clone the HDD to the M.2 SSD.
  4. Shut down and remove the Hard drive (keep it as backup for few days or a week)  otherwise system will still boot from it.
  5. Then boot into BIOS and make sure the SSD in the M.2 slot is the boot device.

After few days or a week, format old HDD and put it back for secondary storage.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

.@banhien

I have disabled it from the Intel rapid storage technology.

Is it all done from there or do I need to do something from intel optane and storage management and bios also ?

HP Recommended

I am dealing with a seemingly identical scenario. Same steps as you, but I cloned using Samsung Data Migration tool. Everything seems exactly as I'd expect, but I can't download the Samsung NVME driver and Magician doesn't give me full access to all features. I almost wouldn't care, but I want access to the proper drivers and Magician features. Did you find a solution yet? My bios are running in non-raid. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.