Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP ENVY Curved All-in-One - 34-a051
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello community,

I have Envy CUrved all-in-one 34-a051 PC, it's about 5 years old with Intel Core i7-6700T CPU @2.8GHz. I need to know what options I have to upgrade to higher processor. I am not sure if the motherboard is replaceable/ upgradable. I need to do this mainly to be ready for Windows 11. The PC is working fine with almost no issues so far. I have been thinking for a while now to upgrade the processor instead of getting a new PC, and now with Windows 11 introduction I am more encouraged to go ahead.

Thanks in advance. 

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Baljalam , welcome to the Community.

The computer came with the fastest processor (i7-6700T) that is compatible with the motherboard.  Upgrading the motherboard can be difficult since HP has them made to their specifications.  The two main issues are the holes in the motherboard matching the stand-offs in the case and the front connectors matching the those in the case.  Here is an article that will explain what other items should be considered when planning to upgrade to Windows II.

Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
HP Recommended

@Old_geekster Thanks a lot for your reply. I will read more about the issue before making final decision. 

HP Recommended

You are welcome, @Baljalam.  Yes, more research would be extremely good.  It could save you from spending some unnecessary money.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.