Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP pavilion 590-p0024
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I'm trying to upgrade my PSU on the HP pavillion 590-p0024 (came with only a 180w supply). this is the first motherboard i've came across that only has 2 of the P4 connections for power. there is no 20 or 24 pin connection. I had already bought a EVGA 500w before i looked real close (rookie mistake, i know). any suggestions? i've tried customer support for HP, EVGA, and best buy (where i bought the pc) and everyone shifts the problem to a different customer service. i'd prefer to use the EVGA PSU i've already bought, with maybe an adapter or something, but i am able to buy another different model if needed. anyone upgraded this model before?

side note, i'm needing to upgrade power supply for GPU upgrade (GEFORCE GTX 1050) that requires 300w min.

Thanks!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Greetings,

Welcome to the forum.

I am not a HP employee.

There is a possible solution to your problem provided the new GPU fits in the motherboard and chassis. 

HP has a SFF 400 watt PSU, part number L04618-800, which is being used in the HP 590 chassis as well as other 690 and above HP systems.

You can check this part at HP Part Surfer (Link). Select your country and input this part number.

Regards

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hi and welcome.  From what I have checked, the motherboard uses a proprietary setup and it very limited for what is being asked.  I know of no way to accommodate that style of graphics card request with that system, sorry.

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the "Was this reply helpful" Yes button.
HP Recommended

Greetings,

Welcome to the forum.

I am not a HP employee.

There is a possible solution to your problem provided the new GPU fits in the motherboard and chassis. 

HP has a SFF 400 watt PSU, part number L04618-800, which is being used in the HP 590 chassis as well as other 690 and above HP systems.

You can check this part at HP Part Surfer (Link). Select your country and input this part number.

Regards

HP Recommended

Thanks for the link!

HP Recommended

Hi Jneal8186,

You're very welcome.

Regards

HP Recommended

do you know if that 400w psu will fit in a 590-p0044 idk if all 590 had same chassis and what are the connectors on that psu  

HP Recommended

Hi Detheridge93,

The 400 watt HP PSU will fit in your 590.

Check the motherboard (MB) image at this (Link).

Look at the bottom area of the MB.

The PSU has:

Fan connection,

Eight pin SATA power connection,

And a four pin main connection.

Regards

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.