Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
M01-F1057c
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hey,

I'm currently trying to upgrade the PSU in this prebuilt so that I can upgrade to a dedicated GPU in the future. My question is, what size retail PSU's are compatible with this particular prebuilt? By that I mean if I was to buy a separate PSU, what size would I have to get in order to have it fit within the case? 

The reason I am doing this is because the current PSU is an 180 W Gold efficiency power supply, and the GPU I'm looking to upgrade to requires a 500 w PSU. If I could get some help with this that would be greatly appreciated. 

Thanks in advance.

P.S. this is the current power supply, found it on eBay ( not mine ). 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-PULL-HP-Pavilion-TP01-180-Watt-PSU-Power-Supply-L70042-004-LITE-ON-PCK0...

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@EthanBlack1 , welcome to the forum.

Your motherboard is HP proprietary.  It has a 4-pin power connector instead of the standard 24-pin ATX power connector.  This means that any PSU upgrade would have to be purchased from HP.  The only HP upgrade that I can verify will work with your motherboard is only 400W.  There is a 500W (L05757-800) PSU available, but I can't be certain that it will work with your motherboard.

Here is a Power Supply Cross-Reference Chart that will show you where I am getting my information: https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Knowledge-Base/Power-Supply-Cross-Reference-for-specific-model...

I don't want to tell you that the 500W PSU will work and you have to return it if it doesn't.  I ran a search for all of the PSU's being used with the BakerMS motherboard and they only showed the 180W.

Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
HP Recommended

Hey,

Thank you for your answer! That chart was really helpful. I've found a different GPU that would work in this form factor that can use a 400 w PSU instead of a 500 w. Is there any first or third party sellers that you recommend me order the 400 w 80+ ( L69242-800 ) model PSU from? Doing a google search I couldn't find it on eBay or any other reputable site, I want to make sure I'm getting the right model as well as at a reasonable price. 

Another option I've run into in my quick research are adapters. Meaning a male 4-pin, female 24-pin, in order to work with standard PSU's. Would you recommend this, or would you say skip that and focus on finding the elusive L69242-800? 

Thank you in advance

Update: Found the HP Parts Store, but this is not a reasonable price. $127 for a PSU? That's insane. At that price it would be cheaper to buy an adapter and different case to fit a retail PSU, combined. Is there any third party sellers who don't have ridiculous prices?

HP Recommended

You are welcome, @EthanBlack1!

As I stated in my original post, you will have to buy the PSU from HP.  We have not been able to find any adapters that will actually work with the HP proprietary PSU's.  You will most likely end up spending more money than necessary.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.