Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
hp envy curved all in one 34 b010
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I want to install Windows 11 on my hp envy curved all in one 34 b010. What processors are available to upgrade to? I currently have Intel Core  i7-7700T CPU @ 2.90 GHz with 16 GB Ram. Thanks.

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

@chasmcg1 

Its specs

https://support.hp.com/au-en/document/c05377960

which supports

• TDP: 35 W
  • Socket type: LGA 1151
  • Motherboard supports the following processor upgrades:
    Processor
    TDP
    Integrated Graphics
    Intel Core i7-7700T (Kabylake) 2.9 GHz Quad Core
    35 W
    Intel HD Graphics 630
    Intel Core i5-7400T (Kabylake) 2.4 GHz Quad Core
    35 W
    Intel HD Graphics 630

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply. I'm wanting to upgrade to Intel i7 8th or 9th generation. I had found the information you posted but that was written in 2017.  Wanting something more current.

HP Recommended

Here is the spec page for that PC

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-envy-curved-34-b000-all-in-one-desktop-pc-series/13823530/mo...

By clicking on the Processor upgrade information and/or the Memory upgrade information tabs there are the allowed upgrades.

It would seem that the PC is at the best of both of those topics.

Typically jumping up to a newer generation of CPU is not supported on OEM motherboards.

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the "Was this reply helpful" Yes button.
HP Recommended

Hi Everyone. I have an upgrade problem with My Envy 23 D090ea all in one computer. I did a compatibility check to see if my computer can run Windows 11. Unfortunately it told me my processor is not compatible . Can anyone tell me if there are any that will make it compatible.  If Not then maybe a new motherboard ? Help !!!

HP Recommended

That device is fairly old and the CPU's for upgrade will probably not do any better.  Motherboard upgrades for a AIO such as that one will not do the trick either.  Most likely a new PC or at least a desktop where the motherboard can be upgraded to a new motherboard.

If you really want to run Window 11, it might be time for a new PC that is certified for Windows 11.

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the "Was this reply helpful" Yes button.
HP Recommended

Thanks for your help . I will have to Stick with Windows 10 .

HP Recommended

Windows 10 will be supported for some time yet, so not to worry at this time.

I'm not an HP employee.
HP Recommended

Thanks for the replies. I talked to a support person at CDW and was told that my motherboard would support up to i7 9th generation. I ordered an i7 9700K processor from Best Buy. Hope it works.

HP Recommended

That would be good news.  Please report back with good news or not good news.  I'm sure many would be interested in the results.

I'm not an HP employee.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.