Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
HP Z440 Workstation
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have read in this forum that the HP Z240 is not TPM 1.2 upgradable to TPM 2.0, and the chip is hard-soldered to the motherboard. Thus, a SLB 9660 chip upgrade is not possible.

How about the Z440? Can the older TPM 1.2 chip be swapped out for a TPM 2.0 chip, and then firmware updated?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi:

According to this discussion, you may be able to do a firmware upgrade to the existing TPM chip to v2.0.

Solved: Z440 TPM 1.2 to 2.0 "TPM Firmware image is not updatabl... - HP Support Community - 829...

If you are wanting to do this in order to upgrade to W11, as far as I can tell from the W11 approved Intel processor list at the ink below, none of the processors offered in the Z440 model series are supported for 11.

Windows processor requirements Windows 11 supported Intel processors | Microsoft Docs

You would have to use one of the several W11 hardware check bypass methods to upgrade to W11.

I found this method to be the easiest way to do that...

Solved: Upgrade CPU Intel 7 to intel 8 - HP Support Community - 8300175

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.