Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Pavilion 590-p0034il
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

I have bought HP Pavilion 590-p0034il tower desktop.

I want to upgrade graphics card to nvidia gtx 1050 ti.

Q1 - Can i do so ?

Q2 - If no, then do i need to upgrade the PSU. It is currently 180 w

Q3 - How do i upgrade my PSU

Q4 - If i cannot upgrade my PSU, then what is the graphics card i can upgrade to.

Thanks for your advise in advance.

Regards

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

@Benaisa007

Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

I see you need help in upgrading the graphic, on HP Pavilion 590-p0034il Desktop PC. Don't worry as I have a few suggestions which should help you.

After reading your post, I did go through the Motherboard specifications of your product and found that you have One PCIe x16 socket, One PCIe x1 socket, One M.2 socket 1, 2230 type for WLAN and  One M.2 socket 3, 2280 type for SSD.  

And, the minimum PSU required Nvidia gtx 1050 ti is: 300 Watts.

The Graphics Card which goes with 6 pins on it, such as GT1030, GTX1050, GTX1050ti, will work on lower voltage.

The recommended Nvidia gtx 1050 ti PSU is 300watts.

NOTE: HP does not recommend upgrading or downgrading hardware parts or software that is bundled with the product as It may affect the manufacturer's warranty and performance, however, you could change the configuration at your own discretion.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello, thank you for replying.

What is the part number of the 300 watt PSU ?

From where can i order it ?

How can i order it ?

Regards

HP Recommended

Hi,

I dont need the DVD Drive and HDD. So i have disconnected and removed them. I have replaced the HDD with SSD ( WD Green - 240 GB ). DVD and HDD would have been consuming 15 to 20 watt.

( Q1) Having  removed them , will not i have some extra power envelope to add 1050 ti card. 

( Q2 ) Also in the above scenario, can i now add Nvidia GT 1030 without reducing its volatage. Since it requires only 30 watt when compared to 75 watt required by 1050ti

Regards

HP Recommended

@Benaisa007
I am unable to locate the part number for this PSU upgrade however, you can shop around on Amazon website,  
To get the answer to this question, Yes! you can upgrade Nvidia GT 1030 without reducing its voltage. 

And, also you can disconnect the DVD drive if you not using it. 

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi, 

In windows 10 one can force the cpu to work at lower frequency (800 mhz) through the power option in settings. I have noticed that the power consumption at that frequency is hardly 5 to 15 watt. And I am able to run Skyrim at ultra setting and 60 fps without needing additional cpu frequency. 

So can I add Nvidia GTX 1050 ti without the need to down volt. Since my cpu will only be consuming at max 15 watt at 800 mhz. 

Thanks for answering my previous questions.

Regards

HP Recommended

@Benaisa007
I am glad to know that you managed to figure out the power management and the power consumption of your device, Please feel free to contact us here anytime you need any further assistance.

Have a nice day ahead.

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.