Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Laptop HP 15 -bs0xx

I would like to upgrade and if possible add an SSD. I would like to understand if there are M2 ports to have double ssd and hard disk, using M2 SSD for w10 management. Use original hardisk as a simple hard drive.

Come I spot the door? What theme am I looking for? Which SSD model does it support? Thank you

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Hi there! Thank you for visiting our English HP Support Community! 🙂

We advise you to post your question in English to insure a quick response for the Community. This can also help other users to take advantage of your post, in the case they have the same question.

Thank you for your understanding.

Kind regards,

BiancaS.

I work on behalf of HP.
HP Recommended

Hi, @Alessandro983 

Below is the link to the service manual for your notebook.

HP 15 Laptop PC (Intel)HP 15g Laptop PCHP 15q Laptop PC Maintenance and Service Guide

Chapter 1 has the supported drive types.

If your notebook has an Intel Core processor, it has a M.2 slot that supports SATA SSD"s only, not NVMe.

Models with the Pentium/Celeron processors do not have M.2 slots.

Your notebook is supported for dual drive configurations, but you will need to remove Windows from the 2.5" mechanical hard drive and only use that drive for storage.

HP Recommended

Thanks

HP Recommended

Prego

HP Recommended

IMG_20211011_171415.jpg

 If I understand correctly here I can insert the M2 SSD.  (maximum size in GB) After installing it, I need to clone Windows to the SSD so the original hard drive will function as a second hard drive.  What free programs could I use?  I've never done that.

Thank you

240G SSDNOW A400 M.2 2280 SSD

HP Recommended

That is correct.

That is where the M.2 SATA SSD goes.

I used this free cloning software once, and it worked great.

Macrium Software | Reflect Free Edition

You want the file listed on the left side of the webpage under the Backup at Home section.

However I used it to clone from the same size capacity disk and I don't know if it will work from a larger capacity disk to a smaller capacity one.

I normally just clean install the operating system and reinstall my programs and files on the new drive.

HP Recommended

Thanks

HP Recommended

Anytime. 

Glad to have been of assistance. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.