cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Fix HP Printer issue in macOS

A [software component] will damage your computer message displays when printing or while installing - Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Fix HP Printer issue in macOS

A [software component] will damage your computer message displays when printing or while installing - Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Level 2
13 7 1 2
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post

Upgrade headache!

HP Recommended
HP 8000SFF
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I installed a HP 8300 motherboard and processor into my HP8000, but when I booted up, it gave me 4 beeps, meaning power issue. When I hit the power button the power light came on for 1 second and then died. All cables were properly connected, but to no avail. However, when I restored the 8000 motherboard and processor, everything works perfectly fine. Any ideas?

Also, is there going to be a noticeable difference in performance if I do upgrade to the 8300 motherboard and processor? In my 8000, I currently have an Intel Core 2 Duo CPU E8500@ 3.16 GHz with 15.9 GB usable memory. The processor I want to install is an Intel Core i5-3470 SR0T8 @ 3.20 GHz with the same memory.

And, finally, can I simply change the processor without changing the motherboard as I think it fits!

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation