Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Compaq 4000 Pro SFF Business model
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I am admitting to my failure and now asking for help from you knowledgeable great folks! I have upgraded the RAM, CPU, and the storage drive from an HDD to an SSD (Samsung 860 Evo SATA 3). My current board is SATA 2, has 2 PCIe 2.0 slots (X1 and x16), and I don't even care about the 2 PCI slots lol Well, I cannot find the specs for the motherboard and I've tried everything!! Either I'm doing it wrong of isit just not popular enough for anyone to have posted them online..? I am asking for 1 of 2 things.. either the specs for the motherboard (or even a pink to a sure that may have it), or what exactly do I need to take note of when swapping the mobo. I'm not pilingl for anything crazy or expensive. And I don't game (weird I know but I'm into building things and fixing things and keeping busy). I'm basically just after the challenge of it all.. the challenge!! Don't exactly like easy but not finding the motherboard specs is pretty frustrating! I've searched every number on every sticker that's in the case and haven't gotten anywhere.. but I do want to upgrade the board so any info would be GREATLY appreciated!!! And one last thing, I really want a better chipset and a socket that accepts a wider variety of CPU's! Either Intel or AMD. Would prefer Intel supported boards since I've researched the crap outta them and have 2 and 1 on the way.. a quad core Q6600 actually... An oldie but goodie! It's not even on the supported CPU list but I've read of guys using that CPU on supported sockets that weren't listed in the CPU support list that have been successful, so I'm hopeful!!! Thank you very much for any and all of your time!!

Thank you!!!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@SLEhrgott , welcome back to the forum.

The fact that your computer was released in 2011 makes it a bit difficult to find information on it.  Here is the Illustrated Parts and Service Map for it.  It has all of the information on the motherboard, except for the dimensions.  You can measure it and compare it to the ones that you find online.  HP has their motherboards made to their specifications.  Therefore, they are not the same as retail boards.  This means that the connectors in the case are not necessarily going to work with a retail board.  I know that other members have upgraded the motherboards with success, but I haven't seen any on the business computers.

Here is the Product Specifications page for the computer.  It has all of the other information that you may need.

Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

@SLEhrgott , welcome back to the forum.

The fact that your computer was released in 2011 makes it a bit difficult to find information on it.  Here is the Illustrated Parts and Service Map for it.  It has all of the information on the motherboard, except for the dimensions.  You can measure it and compare it to the ones that you find online.  HP has their motherboards made to their specifications.  Therefore, they are not the same as retail boards.  This means that the connectors in the case are not necessarily going to work with a retail board.  I know that other members have upgraded the motherboards with success, but I haven't seen any on the business computers.

Here is the Product Specifications page for the computer.  It has all of the other information that you may need.

Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

HP Recommended

Thank You for your input! Greatly appreciated!!!! I usually always find a way...but, considering these aren't mechanical, it's proven to be a true challenge! Which is what I am after.. Anywho, I will have to look into it more and see what my options are. I mean, in all honesty, even an upgrade to another HP business model that use the same case would be better. If I could upgrade just for a better chipset, I would be satisfied until I can get a real mobo!

Thanks Again!!!!!

HP Recommended

You are very welcome, @SLEhrgott!

I fully understand your desire to work on computers.  It is very rewarding.  I just built a custom computer, see my Signature at the bottom of my post.  There is a major feeling of accomplishment went the build is complete.  Good luck!

HP Recommended

Just wanted to throw an update in here.. the Q6600 works in this thing! Works pretty good too! Ihaven't benchmarked it yet but I might do that today.  Now I just gotta get this PCIe adapter and M.2 Toshiba XG5 drive to work!  

HP Recommended

@SLEhrgott, thank you for the update.  We are glad to know that the Q6600 works with your motherboard.

HP Recommended

I mean.. it's nothing breathtaking, but it is pretty sweet! An old quad core cpu on an old base model desktop!  I just want to set what I can get outtakes this bad boy! 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.