Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
595-p0084
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I wish to install a GPU (1050 TI SC) requiring a minimum of 300w PSU.  The current PSU only has 180W.  I have a spare PSU that is too large (standard ATX).  This PC has a "SFF" PSU and not sure if this is the SFX or TFX.  Also, there are three plugs to the motherboard that I see.  Two look like the normal  CPU power plugs seen on various PSUs.  The other is labaled ATX1 (but not like the ATX1 normally seen).  I've attached a photo as it's circled and white.  What is this plug?    Can this PC even be upgraded to a larger PSU?  I would have never bought this PC if I thought it couldn't be upgraded for the PSU.

edit.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Greetings,

Welcome back to the forum.

I am not a HP employee.

Very sorry to tell you HP is now using proprietary MB and PSU designs.

HP is including higher wattage PSU in certain systems.

The only place I know of to check for a bigger PSU is either at HP Part Surfer or the HP Parts Store.

Higher wattage PSUs of the type you require were not available for purchase the last time I checked both sites.

Regards

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

Greetings,

Welcome back to the forum.

I am not a HP employee.

Very sorry to tell you HP is now using proprietary MB and PSU designs.

HP is including higher wattage PSU in certain systems.

The only place I know of to check for a bigger PSU is either at HP Part Surfer or the HP Parts Store.

Higher wattage PSUs of the type you require were not available for purchase the last time I checked both sites.

Regards

HP Recommended

Thank you for your help.  I found an overpriced 310w PSU on partssurfer.  Thankfully, this should meet my needs.  However, I have learned my lesson to buy a customized PC from the start or build my own from scratch. The proprietary connection is absurd and limiting in so many ways.

HP Recommended

Hi jayjay8382,

You're very welcome.

Regards

HP Recommended

Hey, I'm in the same boat as far as needing to upgrade my PSU on my HP 595-p0084 to support a graphics card. What was the part number for the 310W PSU you found on HP partssurfer? I'm finding that site difficult to searth. Any problems installing the new PSU or is it pretty straighforward?

Thanks!

HP Recommended

Hi LKG907,

I had part numbers for a 310 watt, a 400 watt, and a 500 watt PSU but have lost them.

You could go to the online HP Store. Find a PC purchase option with the PSU you need.

Then use this HP PC product number on HP Part Surfer to see if the PSU is available for purchase.

This process is a pain and takes time but it works.

Maybe Jayjay382 will respond to your request.

Regards

HP Recommended

as i recall the berks motherboard is the high end motherboard that uses the same power supply (7pin + two 4 pin)

search the HP ENVY Desktop - 795-0040xt it came with all three 310/400/500 watt supplies that will fit your board

the  ENVY Desktop - 795-0500ng comes with the 400 watt supply

note that hp parts surfer may not yet list all power supplys, and when they do getting one can be hard as they are only made in europe so you may have to wait till HP US gets them in stock

HP Recommended

I found this:

L03980-800 -- Power Supply - GNRC PSU 310W SFF ES Sirius-GFX G

Its off of a HP PAVILION 590-P0065SE (X6C05AA)

Is there any way to know if this is part will work for me?? My PC is this one. They sure don't make this easy.

Thanks for your help.

HP Recommended

my previous posts lists the two systems that have the upgraded 400/500 power supplies that fit the original posters system

you link is for the 310 watt supply which will not run a mid or high end card  and is also the same base supply that my previous posts cover

the link LKG907 gave does not link to any system,  also please do not link, give the full model number in your post as HP can and will move/delete existing links

and as for making it easy,....it is,.......  the systems that are specced for upgraded suppliesallow you to simply pick one from the list of options when buying a system

you are the one trying to install a non supported power supply into your existing system, so it's up to you to do the legwork

an since i have done 90% of of it allready, the remaing legwork should be quite easy for you to do using the HP parts surfer program

HP Recommended

@LKG907, the part number is L03980-800 for the 310w PSU that fits the proprietary motherboard connection on the Lincs motherboard. HP parts store website is slow and clunky. The dimensions are the same as the original 180w power supply and fits without problems.  The 310w PSU adds a PCI-e 6 pin power connection.  I use a Nvidia 4GB 1050 TI (single fan) that runs Frostpunk and other games without a problem. The 500w PSU for Berks motherboard (that appears to have the same proprietary connection) is L05757-800. I do not know the size or form factor for this PSU thus it may not fit.  Ignore Caption Grumpy and keep asking questions as needed. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.