Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended

I have recently installed a current SSD ( 250GB) replacing the original WD Blue 1TB HDD which failed after only  three and half years.

.I am wondering whether the motherboard would support the installation of a NVMe M.2  SSD?

Many thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

no need to search for key A since you cannot install m2 SSD in this location
see this

https://www.atpinc.com/blog/what-is-m.2-M-B-BM-key-socket-3

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
HP Recommended

Hello

this is a recorded response (macro))
we need the exact model of your computer, and the product number
To find it follow this
for a desktop computer

HP Desktop PCs - How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number? | HP® Customer Support

and for a laptop:

HP Notebook PCs - How Do I Find My Product Name or Number? | HP® Customer Support
Give the full version of windows
for windows 10 type winver in the search box

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------

please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

My PC is a HP Desktop  Pavilion 570  P054NA and I am using Windows 10

HP Recommended

You will need to check a few points, because we do not have all the information here

your motherboard has an M2 port

Lubin motherboard specifications.

One M.2 socket 3, key M
but it's not precise enough I think

you can compare with other models (same motherboard)

570-p009kl PC Product Specifications

128 GB PCIe NVMe M.2 Solid State Drive

HP Pavilion 570-p024nb Desktop PC Product Specifications

256 GB PCIe NVMe TLC M.2 Solid State

take a look

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-pavilion-570-p000-desktop-pc-series/13823514/product-info

also try the scan

Welcome to Crucial USA

⚠️  the given site is purely for informational purposes, as it can often help .
But by no means an obligation.
You can test other sites of this type, I indicate this one, because it is one of the only ones that I know which offers this, and quite serious .

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

HP Recommended

Yes. As per spec of the motherboard, it has

One M.2 socket 1, key A

One M.2 socket 3, key M

HP Recommended

yes, and ?

I answered the question
The first being for wifi, I did not mention it!

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

HP Recommended

Many thanks for all your replies today.

Could you explain what key A and key M mean?

Thanks again

HP Recommended

no need to search for key A since you cannot install m2 SSD in this location
see this

https://www.atpinc.com/blog/what-is-m.2-M-B-BM-key-socket-3

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

HP Recommended

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

HP Recommended

Key type means the type of "notch" in the connector for the card. They are there to prevent incompatible hardware from being installed. ( So if it fits , it will work).

Look at the picture in this article. they show the different types. So  M key type will not fit in a B key. and so on.

https://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2015/02/understanding-m-2-the-interface-that-will-speed-up-your-next...

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.