Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Pavilion Gaming Desktop 690-0039nl
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello.

I have a question. My Pavilion desktop has GTX 1650 4 GB and i want to get a RTX 2060 (i don't know, a SUPER or a stock).

I read in the PC hardware description that there is installed a 310 W PSU, that is not enough for the RTX 2060 GPU.

So, I want to ask, on my PC, can I change PSU and GPU or the PSU is not upgradable?

Thanks to anyone for a kind reply 🙂

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Yes. The PSU can be upgraded.

You will have to use an HP PSU because of the proprietary header on the motherboard.

Take a look at the spreadsheet at the link to see which one will work for your desktop PC. Your PC has the Lincs motherboard

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Knowledge-Base/Power-Supply-Cross-Reference-for-specific-model...

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Yes. The PSU can be upgraded.

You will have to use an HP PSU because of the proprietary header on the motherboard.

Take a look at the spreadsheet at the link to see which one will work for your desktop PC. Your PC has the Lincs motherboard

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Knowledge-Base/Power-Supply-Cross-Reference-for-specific-model...

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

Thank you for your reply!

I found only one seller in Germany (I don't trust these sellers too much) that sells the HP 500w PSU.

My motherboard (lincs), has 6 pin, while a normal psu (ex. Corsair) has 24 pin.

I found on Ebay this adapter: 30cm ATX principale 24Pin a 6Pin Adattatore Di Alimentazione PSU Cavo 18AWG Fit for HP Z220/Z230 | e... can it help me using a normal amazon PSU and having much choice and guaranteed product form Amazon?

Thanks in advance for your reply.

HP Recommended

I can't say that I recommend using that.

It is completely up to you and the risk is all yours if it does not work.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.