Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
Pavillion 790-0045se
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My Nephew has a 790-0045se computer that needs an upgraded video card.  The P/S is I believe only 400W, so it may need one of those as well.  My concern on the latter is I am unsure what is compatible with his machine, I am not sure something off the shelf will fit in the space.

1)  are there any decent upgrades to his 1050 ti that will work in his computer w/o a p/s upgrade?

2) if a p/s upgrade is required, what should I upgrade with?

Thank you,

Paul

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

well 1050 up it to GTX1650 , same watts (75) and Turing class fast GPU chip,   NOT THE SUPER< that is 100watts.

beyond that,  up to 200 watt cards can work but needs 6/8 pin PSU, aux cables, do you have them?

HP does not really document x16 space ( I use  ruler) and PSU power cables fitted, no PSU spec by HP, it be secret

so we open the case and look

and after all any real DESKTOP may have anything inside now,  from other upgrades.

I guess the kid want to game/ and run AAA $60 games, say from steam.

i have 50 here, that run on the 1650 fast, even hungry , METRO LLight. but not 4k, if wanting 4k that be vastly different answer

12 makers of cards 1000 of models and 4K is very expensive, or VR, 

doing what not told. (applications needing this card are what?)_

NO warranty answers by me.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

well 1050 up it to GTX1650 , same watts (75) and Turing class fast GPU chip,   NOT THE SUPER< that is 100watts.

beyond that,  up to 200 watt cards can work but needs 6/8 pin PSU, aux cables, do you have them?

HP does not really document x16 space ( I use  ruler) and PSU power cables fitted, no PSU spec by HP, it be secret

so we open the case and look

and after all any real DESKTOP may have anything inside now,  from other upgrades.

I guess the kid want to game/ and run AAA $60 games, say from steam.

i have 50 here, that run on the 1650 fast, even hungry , METRO LLight. but not 4k, if wanting 4k that be vastly different answer

12 makers of cards 1000 of models and 4K is very expensive, or VR, 

doing what not told. (applications needing this card are what?)_

NO warranty answers by me.
HP Recommended

Hi Savvy2, thank you for the help.  Yeah, he wants to play games at 1080, no extreme resolutions as that would require a full upgrade I'm thinking.  Thanks for the information on the GTX1650, I will check that out.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.