cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
The HP Calculator Community Message Board is moving. While we prepare for the move, we are unable to accept new postings. During the move, you can look for help from other users by visiting https://www.hpmuseum.org/ . Or if you need technical support for your calculator visit: HP Calculators. .
Woods42
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Solved!

Upgrade video card in 790-0045SE

HP Recommended
Pavillion 790-0045se
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My Nephew has a 790-0045se computer that needs an upgraded video card.  The P/S is I believe only 400W, so it may need one of those as well.  My concern on the latter is I am unsure what is compatible with his machine, I am not sure something off the shelf will fit in the space.

1)  are there any decent upgrades to his 1050 ti that will work in his computer w/o a p/s upgrade?

2) if a p/s upgrade is required, what should I upgrade with?

Thank you,

Paul

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
savvy2
Level 7
1,432 1,058 40 105
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

well 1050 up it to GTX1650 , same watts (75) and Turing class fast GPU chip,   NOT THE SUPER< that is 100watts.

beyond that,  up to 200 watt cards can work but needs 6/8 pin PSU, aux cables, do you have them?

HP does not really document x16 space ( I use  ruler) and PSU power cables fitted, no PSU spec by HP, it be secret

so we open the case and look

and after all any real DESKTOP may have anything inside now,  from other upgrades.

I guess the kid want to game/ and run AAA $60 games, say from steam.

i have 50 here, that run on the 1650 fast, even hungry , METRO LLight. but not 4k, if wanting 4k that be vastly different answer

12 makers of cards 1000 of models and 4K is very expensive, or VR, 

doing what not told. (applications needing this card are what?)_

NO warranty answers by me.

View solution in original post

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
2 REPLIES 2
savvy2
Level 7
1,432 1,058 40 105
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

well 1050 up it to GTX1650 , same watts (75) and Turing class fast GPU chip,   NOT THE SUPER< that is 100watts.

beyond that,  up to 200 watt cards can work but needs 6/8 pin PSU, aux cables, do you have them?

HP does not really document x16 space ( I use  ruler) and PSU power cables fitted, no PSU spec by HP, it be secret

so we open the case and look

and after all any real DESKTOP may have anything inside now,  from other upgrades.

I guess the kid want to game/ and run AAA $60 games, say from steam.

i have 50 here, that run on the 1650 fast, even hungry , METRO LLight. but not 4k, if wanting 4k that be vastly different answer

12 makers of cards 1000 of models and 4K is very expensive, or VR, 

doing what not told. (applications needing this card are what?)_

NO warranty answers by me.

View solution in original post

Woods42
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi Savvy2, thank you for the help.  Yeah, he wants to play games at 1080, no extreme resolutions as that would require a full upgrade I'm thinking.  Thanks for the information on the GTX1650, I will check that out.

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation