Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Obeolisk OMEN 875-0032 nl
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

I'd like to upgrade my video controller  from NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 2080 to NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 2080 TI  11 Gb memory.

Is it possible ?   If yes do you have a suggestion of wich board (firm) I'd have to chose ?

Thanks and Best Regards,

Angelo

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

there are 12 makers of cards, now , top.

and vast features sets on each,  NO OTHER upgrade part is  so complex and feature rich, !!😋

go to newegg.com see left side, panel for what I am talking apart, only you know what you want or need.

1. first is what?   it must fit, inside the PC and not hit thing , cards come in 1, 2, or 2 fans. and high or low profile.
  2. it must not overload the X16 slot, most will not but the PSU in your PC must have GPU aux power cables over 75watts and your existing has some,  some are 2x6 and others 2x8 jacks and no 2080s are the same for power, so have different jacks or by maker smart using 2x8 to keep power noise lower.  wise !😎
  3. This line here means choices on left side of newegg I could never guess.  pick one try it if not happy send it back for another, this is what all gamers do,  try it. first.   wow 11GB VRAM,  that limits choice big time that.
  4. I like actual maker Nvidia, not just GPU chip but card maker, or Zotac. 
  5. fan noise, for some is big , deal. 1 to 3 fans, some are loud
  6. overheating,  some cards burn over 250watts and can overheat some cases lacking(not you) actual case fans front or rear.  yours new card is 250w from 215 so need more, watts, and PSU  must to that.
  7. if using SECURE BOOT,  the OS on some OEM PC flat refuse  GPU change out , unless OS is reloaded. (varies)
  8. PSU power good? finding specs at HP is so hard. 500watt? IDK.

In run box type, system information , see  secure boot = yes> ? if yes be ready for NEW OS install>?

NO warranty answers by me.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.