Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
HP Slimline 260-a134nl
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi everyone, I'm new to the forum (excuse my English but I use google translator). I purchased a crucial 500gb SSD, and when I replace it with my old 1TB HDD, my pc freezes at the startup information screen. I tried a 128gb Kingstone SSD and it starts up correctly. Can you tell me why? I updated the BIOS to v. F.46 of 11/15/2018.

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Greetings,

Welcome to the forum.

I am not a HP employee.

I can't answer your question. Any 2.5 inch SATA SSD should work with your motherboard.

It appears some HP PCs have problems with some 2.5 inch retail SATA SSDs. Your PC seems to fall into this group. The new Crucial SSD could be faulty.

Other folks in this forum have had this problem.

Contact HP Support (Link). Or contact Crucial for assistance.

Regards

HP Recommended

hello, thanks for answering. the new Crucial SSD on other PCs works perfectly. I will try to contact Crucial and HP

HP Recommended

Hi,

You're very welcome.

Let the forum know if you solve this problem.

Regards

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.