Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Gaming Desktop 690-0083w
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

This computer came with 8GB of RAM, so I installed Corsair DDR4 32GB of RAM today, but now my dual monitors stopped working.  They will flash and constantly make the noise that HPs make when detecting new hardware.  I replaced the HDMI cord to one of my monitors thinking it was a loose connection, but it hasn't stopped.  I finally unplugged the dual router and just went with one monitor for now.  Any ideas why the new RAM affects my dual display, and how to get back to running dual monitors?

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@mdehaven -- what happens if you "revert" to the original RAM?

HP Recommended

That's my next step, was hoping someone had the same issue before and it was an easy fix. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.