Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Desktop Model Number 550-153w

I have had the HP Pavilion Desktop Model Number 550-153w for a while now, (3+ years) and I am interested in dipping my toes into the gaming PC realm. I used the website, Can I Run It, and found that I do not meet the recommended or minimum requirements to play the game. They recommend that I upgrade my Ram and CPU. I am now here to ask the pros if it is possible to upgrade the ram and the CPU, and if it is possible, if I can get a price range on how much I should be paying for these two. Thanks.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi,

This HP site (Link) lists possible CPU upgrades.

You will not have fun, even when adding RAM, if the game requirements exceed the CPU upgrade options at the above site.

Regards

HP Recommended

Thank you. Do you happen to know if the link you posted is the motherboard for the tower that I have, or are they all the same? 

HP Recommended
HP Recommended

HI,

My previous link should be your PCs specific motherboard.

Regards

HP Recommended

HI,

I am familiar with HP recommended RAM upgrades and Crucial RAM upgrades.

I cannot attest to your link.

Again, increasing RAM will not help when playing specific games if you have a CPU, GPU, and/or chipset bottleneck.

Regards

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.