Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
Pavilion 500 -242ea
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, I want to upgrade my existing 3.5" HDD to a 2.5" SSD drive.

The existing harddrive is mounted vertically in the Pavilion.

I realise that I am going to need some type of bracket to mount the SSD- but everything I see , seems to be for a horizontal or drawer type  mount.  Would anyone have any ideas as to what I need accomplish this?

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi:

I can't find a service manual to see how the drive goes in, but wouldn't something simple like this work?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Packs-GLOTRENDS-Mounting-internal-supports/dp/B0856TLMTD/ref=sr_1_5?dchild=...

You position the drive so the SATA power and data ports are closest to the indent in the caddy.

You secure the SSD from from the bottom using the 4 screw holes on the bottom of the caddy.

You secure the caddy to the drive bay, just as the hard drive would go.

HP Recommended

hi

Removing and Replacing the Side Panel in HP Pavilion 500 Desktop PCs

Replacing a Hard Drive in HP Pavilion 500 Desktop PCs

it seems to me that it doesn't matter if it's vertical or horizontal!
you just need an adapter.

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.