Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 570-p000 Desktop PC series
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Sirs, existing 128GB SSD striped of safe removable folders and files but C Dive is still full. I've purchased a Crucial P5 500GB PCie M.2 2280SS. I've done  a full backup to external hard drive. I have Crucial instructions and info regarding 'cloning' etc. but I expected to see two slots (One spare) to receive the new component in the PC cabinet. Do i carefully remove and replace the existing with the new; close up cabinet and transfer from external hard drive on to new SSD? But then, when does the cloning operation take place please?   I cannot find guidance/instructions for this upgrade on the HP site !

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hello
then it will be according to the options of the cloning software
you can (in theory therefore) clone the ssd in place by following the instructions if the software allows it, which is often the case, to an external hard drive or other media.
then place the SSD drive, and follow the recommendations to clone the usb hard drive to the new one
This can be tedious, it might be easier to install windows directly on the new SSD, since you have made backups.

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

Unfortunately I cannot install the cloning program; the C Drive SSD is full.

HP Recommended

you should be able to remove some useful programs. ?

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.