Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Pavilion Gaming Desktop 690-0022na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

I am looking at options to upgrade the PSU in a HP Pavilion Gaming Desktop 690-0022na which currently has a proprietary 310w PSU (SFF)

Are there any proprietary PSUs (SFF) from other HP models that would fit and give me 400w?

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

@Jon_Kingsbury Welcome to HP Community!

I understand that you would like to upgrade the power supply unit.

(HP does not recommend upgrades as the device is equipped with parts that perform at its optimal performance and also, the upgradeable parts listed in HP articles are purely for your ease, though the decision to upgrade will be at your own discretion)

If you wish to upgrade the power supply. You can install the power supply.

I would suggest you contact our parts surfer and check for the part.

You could purchase the part from HP, use the HP Parts surfer to identify the part: http://partsurfer.hp.com/search.aspx

And order it via the HP Parts store: https://parts.hp.com/hpparts/CountryChoice.aspx?mscssid=&ccode=ZZ&lcode=ZZ 

Or alternatively, Contact HP for setting up an order/service via phone support   

Or you can contact local stores.

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

HP Recommended

Hi,

Thank you for the response. Which part can you upgrade to? The current PSU is 310w and is a SFF PSU.

Do you know of a part which is also SFF and 400 or 450w?

HP Recommended

@Jon_Kingsbury,

You have 2 choices, a 400W or 500W.

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Knowledge-Base/Power-Supply-Cross-Reference-for-specific-model...

This system is feedback driven thru Solution and Kudo flags. It's the only means of knowing if you have been served. Please click Accept as Solution, if your problem is solved. To say THANK YOU, press the "thumbs up symbol" to render a KUDO. You can render both Solution and KUDO..

HP Envy 8 5010 Tablet
(2) HP DV7t i7 3160QM 2.3Ghz 8GB
Printer -- HP OfficeJet Pro 8620 Legal
Custom Asus Z97D, I7-4790k, 16GB RAM, WIN10 Pro 64bit, ZOTAC GTX1080 AMP Extreme 3 fan 8GB RAM, 500GB SSD, Asus PB287 4k monitor, Rosewill Blackhawk case and 750W OCZ PSU.
HP Recommended

Good table, very helpful thanks.

I have looked online and I can get a 500w L05757-800

Having perused You Tube I can see that although the PSU fits in the casing of the 690-0010 it seems that there is some misalignment with screws and the fan.

As long as I don't fry any components I will be happy.....

HP Recommended

@Jon_Kingsbury 

Wise choice. It will secure OK.  If you modify the rear of the case to provide better airflow, please send  picture.

This system is feedback driven thru Solution and Kudo flags. It's the only means of knowing if you have been served. Please click Accept as Solution, if your problem is solved. To say THANK YOU, press the "thumbs up symbol" to render a KUDO. You can render both Solution and KUDO..

HP Envy 8 5010 Tablet
Custom Asus Z97D, I7-4790k, 16GB RAM, WIN10 Pro 64bit, ZOTAC GTX1080 AMP Extreme 3 fan 8GB RAM, 500GB SSD, Asus PB287 4k monitor, Rosewill Blackhawk case and 750W OCZ PSU.
HP Recommended

Hi, I received a part from an official HP parts retailer which has a different P/N 901759-013

Instead of L05757-800 which I ordered. I looked on HP PartSurfer and both items are for different HP models.

The retailer said that "HP have several different part numbers to refer to t he same item and the specs on both item are identical"

I do not want to put this PSU into my PC unless I'm absolutely sure it's the right fit/model.

HP Recommended

The simple answer is yes it can be done - inserted the new 500w PSU (which is a snug fit - although only one screw fits) and also a new GTX 1660 Super Graphics card. 

All going to plan and CPU temps are OK

HP Recommended

@Jon_Kingsbury,

There are variations. That might be a newer 500W version.  Let me know how it works out, and so that I can add the PSU # to the data base. I knew about the 1 screw issue. The front latch and 1 screw has been the normal with swap-out.

HP Envy 8 5010 Tablet
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.