• post a message
Highlighted
Author
Level 2
9 8 1 2
Message 11 of 16
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Just ordered an EVGA GTX 1050 Super from NewEgg, which was $180 including tax and a $10 mail in rebate.

https://www.newegg.com/evga-geforce-gtx-1650-super-04g-p4-1357-kr/p/N82E16814487482?Item=N82E1681448...

Will provide update on install success once I receive it in a few days.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
1 1 0 0
Message 12 of 16
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Superblazer could you please post the link for buying this power supply?  Searched on the hp store sight and can't find it.  Thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
1 1 0 0
Message 13 of 16
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Superblazer, any update on video card?

Have you experienced any other issues or regrets?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Author
Level 2
9 8 1 2
Message 14 of 16
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Happy to report that everything worked just as planned!  Here is a link to install photos:

https://imgur.com/a/fc9heHJ

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
Level 2
9 8 1 2
Message 15 of 16
Flag Post
HP Recommended
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
Level 2
9 8 1 2
Message 16 of 16
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Another note to add:  I originally stated that the 400w supply had a six pin power cord for the card (which it does), but it is actually a 6+2 pin power configuration for the graphics card, meaning it could run an 8pin adapter, opening up options to higher level cards such as the 1660 and 1660ti.  However, after lots of research, I decided to stick with the 1650 super, as it seems the best option without risking under powering the card, as anything 1660+ recommends 450w+.  The 1650 super is also an excellent value and has numerous strong reviews, so I don't regret my purchase.  GeForce is getting ready to come out with a new line of chipsets on their higher end, which will flow to their lower end in the next 3-5 years when I am ready for a computer upgrade and do a custom build.

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation