Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Product number:L9L34AA - HP 251-a20 Desktop
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi!

I want to upgrade the RAM in my 4GB to 16GB, which I know it can handle.

But I want to be sure I get the correct RAM chip.

Anyone know what is the correct type of RAM for my system?

Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@IKMUM , welcome to the forum.

Here is the Product Specifications page for the computer.  You should look at the section titled "Memory/Memory upgrade information" for the correct memory.  Also, here is the memory that is recommended by Crucial Memory.  You may have to remove the current memory.  Many times different brands of memory won't be compatible.  If you have questions about Crucial's memory and if it will be compatible with your current memory, you can contact their Tech Support.  They have always been very helpful.

You can find the manufacturer and timings of the current memory by using CPU-Z.  This information can be found in the tab titled "SPD".

Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
HP Recommended

@ old_geekster

Hi!

Thanks!

Q: I went to the Crucial site, but, it did not show me 8GB RAM chips.  Just 4GB's.  But I know my HP can handle 16GB.  Does Crucial not carry 8GB RAM for my system?

Thanks!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.