Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I would like to get a 256 gb ssd hard and would like to know if HP EX920 M.@ 256GB PCIe 3.0 x4 NVMe 3d TLC NAND  is compatable and do I have to clone this drive ?  Thank you.

Ms Taylor-Heard

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@mztee26,

You need to specify the exact model number of this HP product, or at least the product number.

Your NVMe device. called an SSD (solid state Device), no moving parts. Requires an M.2 socket 3,  key  M.

An example of an SSD  hard drive, no moving parts. Requires SATA power &header cables, adapter tray.

This system is feedback driven thru Solution and Kudo flags. It's the only means of knowing if you have been served. Please click Accept as Solution, if your problem is solved. To say THANK YOU, press the "thumbs up symbol" to render a KUDO. You can render both Solution and KUDO..

HP Envy 8 5010 Tablet
(2) HP DV7t i7 3160QM 2.3Ghz 8GB
Printer -- HP OfficeJet Pro 8620 Legal
Custom Asus Z97D, I7-4790k, 16GB RAM, WIN10 Pro 64bit, ZOTAC GTX1080 AMP Extreme 3 fan 8GB RAM, 500GB SSD, Asus PB287 4k monitor, Rosewill Blackhawk case and 750W OCZ PSU.
HP Recommended

MMy computer is a HP Pavilion Desktop 570-[064.  The current ssd hard in my system is a samsung

128 GB PCIe NVMe TLC M.2 Solid State.  I have purchased a HP  256 GB ex920 M.@  however I have installed it today.  Now my question is if I create new windows media and install it, once install will I be able to install my factory image I have created and with all my programs or will I have to reinstall all the programs and find their product keys.  Thank you.

Mztee

HP Recommended

@mztee26,

If you purchase an external M.2 NVMe to USB3.0 adapter you will be able to clone the 128 to the 256.

After the clone process, all you do is swap the devices.  At the end, you have a 128 in the adapter as storage.

Macurium Reflect 7 (free) clone software             Guide to clone process with Macrium

If you go the create windows, you have to install all drivers, software / hardware (purchased) and product keys.

This system is feedback driven thru Solution and Kudo flags. It's the only means of knowing if you have been served. Please click Accept as Solution, if your problem is solved. To say THANK YOU, press the "thumbs up symbol" to render a KUDO. You can render both Solution and KUDO..

HP Envy 8 5010 Tablet
(2) HP DV7t i7 3160QM 2.3Ghz 8GB
Printer -- HP OfficeJet Pro 8620 Legal
Custom Asus Z97D, I7-4790k, 16GB RAM, WIN10 Pro 64bit, ZOTAC GTX1080 AMP Extreme 3 fan 8GB RAM, 500GB SSD, Asus PB287 4k monitor, Rosewill Blackhawk case and 750W OCZ PSU.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.