Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
Omen 30L
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

+

Hi Guys, I'm looking at upgrading my current 500GB SSD on my Omen30L - product code (2L3B1EA#ABU) and wondered if I could get some recommendations for 1TB? 

I'm a bit of a novice so hopefully its just a case of swapping the old for the new. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Thank you for the additional information, @NathanJ88!

@NathanJ88 wrote:

Thanks for getting back to me. I have just entered the product code and it brought up the correct model - 

OMEN Desktop PC 30L GT13-0000i (236B0AV)

from inspecting the manuals I can see that it is a Dorado OC motherboard - with the OC having two, does this mean I can have 2 x separate SSD cards? 

Yes, that is exactly what that means.  You will have to buy a M.2 socket 3, key M (for SSD card PCIe x4 Gen 3).  I like Samsung M.2's.  They seem to work better with the HP BIOS/UEFI.  I have a Samsung 970 Pro.  It works great.  You can clone the 500 GB M.2 to the new 1 TB M.2 using Samsung Data Migration software.

Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

@NathanJ88 , welcome to the Community.

The Product Number that you listed doesn't appear to be correct.  When I enter it into the Support page it doesn't come up with a match: https://support.hp.com/us-en

Try it to see what you get.

Please check it carefully and let me know the correct Product Number or Model.

The 30L series comes with a Dorado and Dorado OC motherboard.  They have the same M.2, SSD, socket (M.2 socket 3, key M (for SSD card PCIe x4 Gen 3), but the OC has two of them.  It will be a much different installation depending on the M.2 socket configuration.  It is fairly straight-forward with either installation.

HP Recommended

Thanks for getting back to me. I have just entered the product code and it brought up the correct model - 

from inspecting the manuals I can see that it is a Dorado OC motherboard - with the OC having two, does this mean I can have 2 x separate SSD cards? 

HP Recommended

To add, 

I see I have a spare SSD2 slot, am I assuming this just means I can add an additional SSD and SSD1 will have the operating system etc on it? 

If this is the case could you recommend a compatible 1TB? 

HP Recommended

Thank you for the additional information, @NathanJ88!

@NathanJ88 wrote:

Yes, that is exactly what that means.  You will have to buy a M.2 socket 3, key M (for SSD card PCIe x4 Gen 3).  I like Samsung M.2's.  They seem to work better with the HP BIOS/UEFI.  I have a Samsung 970 Pro.  It works great.  You can clone the 500 GB M.2 to the new 1 TB M.2 using Samsung Data Migration software.

Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

HP Recommended

Amazing, thank you for the support. 

HP Recommended

You are very welcome, @NathanJ88!  Always glad to help.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.