1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Solved!

Upgrading graphic card HP Pavilion Desktop 560

HP Recommended
Pavilion 560 p003no
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, I would like to know if I can upgrade my graphic card to one that is recommended for Premiere Pro, like a Nvidia Quadro P2200 (product number 4X60W87106)

Desktop [personal information removed], product number ZOM45EA#UUW.

The desktop is some years old, but it is still working great for anything else than PremierePro, so upgrading would be my prefrence over buying a new desktop.

Thanks for any advice 🙂

1 REPLY 1
old_geekster
Level 16
Level 16
24,620 24,272 2,834 10,360
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Olav2 , welcome to the Community.

Here is a HP Knowledge Base article that will explain what you should consider when upgrading the video card: https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Gaming-Knowledge-Base/Upgrade-Video-Card/ta-p/7481981

There are three main things to consider: 1) the length of the card.  The article explains how to measure the space to assure the card will fit. 2) the wattage required to run the computer properly.  The power supply unit (PSU) in your computer is 300W. and 3) does the card require any, 1x6-pin, 1x8-pin or both, PCIe power connectors.

The video slot on the motherboard is PCI Express x16 (Gen 3.0).  This should support any of the newer cards.  Once you have read the article you will have a better understanding of which cards will work.  The P2200 should work, but make certain that the PSU (300W) has enough wattage to run it.  Otherwise, you will have to upgrade the PSU, as well.  The information that I found did not state the wattage required.

Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

I am not an HP Employee!!

Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation