Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Z6 G4 Workstation
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello all!

I am upgrading my workhorse of a workstation, an HP xw9400 workstation, and going to replace them with an HP Z6 G4 workstations. Before I pull the trigger, will the gear support Autocad Architecture 2013, and Can I Frankenstein the Nvidia Quadro M4000? As for my old gear, the new stuff is upgradeable; how easy is it to upgrade, or does it need to go to HP servicing? 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

why would it not is the best answer

w10 to w10 boxes

the CAD software does not communicate to the hardware only to the W10 API, only.

the only issues are speed and resolution in 2d or 3d mode

get GTX1650 card in there, IMO.

"

no OS told on XW PC,  is it  w10?  Most 2015 and earlier products are not compatible with Windows 10,"

if not then ask autodesk this seen here.

Quadro M4000  and nvidia.com has that answer,  about w10, for sure

they said yes. at nvidia.com

this card burns 120watts watts full tilt.  ( so the NEW PSU must  handle that and connect 1x6 GPU AUX cable. must be plugged in just  like it is NOW.

is YES.

the new PC z6 , specs not once tell PSU there,  one must go to the configure page.

to see 1000w there,  (comes with )  again HP does not spec, PCs  fully,  and HP fears PSU specs, endlessly, so bad it is like what steel was used in the chassis, a deep dark secret.

it should tell this. (a real spec page)  (base system and upgades to PSU are what? mostly never told)

it is NON ATX spec, PSU we see that with 1 glance  even 50 foot afar.

1: how many and type of GPU AUX cables are there 6 and 8pins

2: total watts, 1000w I guess.

3: amps per rail , you get to read the PSU sticker after you buy it.

NO warranty answers by me.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.