Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
HP compaq dx2300 minitower
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Recently i updated my pc to windows 10, I discovered many new features but my pc is working slower .

I am looking for compatible new parts with which i can run pc smoothly . Suggest me compatible ram , gpu & other hardware parts needed for playing modern games . Let me know new intel core or ryzen core will be betterment for my pc.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi:

Below is the link to the HP quickspecs for your PC.

HP Compaq dx2300 Microtower Business PC (highspeedbackbone.net)

The supported processors can be found on page 3.

The best one you can upgrade to is the Intel Core 2 Duo E6700 Processor (2.66-GHz)

They made two E6700 processors so make sure you get the right one that is 2.66 GHz and not the one that is 3.2 GHz, because that one will not work,

For graphics, I would look for a used but tested and working Nvidia GT 210 PCIe x 16 card.

HP Recommended

Hello
you should specify some names / type of games
because, for some, you may not be able to do anything about it
@Paul_Tikkanen  offers you the Nvidia GT 210 card, which will suit some games, but not the most recent ones, and you may not have any other option than to change the computer.
example for a game like this

Call of Duty: Vanguard

Not definitive, but generally indicated

Recommended Requirements

• Processor: Intel Core i7-4770K 4-Core 3.5GHz / AMD Ryzen R7 1800X
  • Graphics: AMD Radeon RX Vega 56 8GB or NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070
  • VRAM: 6GB
  • RAM: 16 GB
  • HDD: 80 GB
  • DirectX 12 Compatible Graphics C

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.