Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Hp Pavilion 500-314
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My HP Pavilion 500-314 desktop has a MSI MS-7906 ver 1.0 board with 4 ram slots, maxing at 32 gb and bios 80.08 (final version according to HP Support). The stock ram is a SK Hynix 8GB 2Rx8 PC3L - 12800U - 11 - 13 - B1   HMT41GU6AFR8A - PB N0 AA  1423 (or at least that's what it says)

I bought three more that are Hynix 8 GB 1Rx4 PC3 - 12800R - 11 - 11 - C2  HMT41GR7MFR4C - PB T8 AE  1232.

I tried every configuration possible and it would not turn on the screen, keyboard, or mouse and would beep 5 consecutive beeps 3 times (I know that means something wrong with the ram).I tried cleaning the whole pc from dust but I also noticed that I would have the same problem if all I did was move the original ram stick any where other than it's original placement in the 4th slot. So I know it's not just the new ram sticks that have a problem. Please let me know the problem while im still in my 30 day return period for my ram stick, thanks.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@SAMiAM7 

Can it run on NEW RAM sticks only ?

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

What do you mean?, I bought the pc stock and had it for almost 6 years, the only way that any ram worked on it so far is if it's only the original stick in the original slot (slot 4)

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.