Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Omen Obelisk 2019 I9-9900 rtx 2080 ti

I’m wondering if I can fit a RTX 3000 series card in my omen obelisk. Has anyone tried this yet? Any tips or advice? I’ve looked at the site and seen that it will get rid of my warrantee, I’m fine with that, just want better performance. 

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi,

Measure the length available along the PCIe x16 slot. A 3000 can be up to, or longer than, 12 inches.

A 3000 series card can occupy a three slot area on the motherboard.

You need a minimum 750 watt power supply for the higher powered Nvidia graphics cards.

Regards

HP Recommended

Will a power supply with higher watts help performance? I’ve got a 750 right now in it. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.