Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Rother Motherboard SSID 8653
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Has anyone upgraded one of these?  I am trying but cannot figure out the connections.  I understand the motherboard is proprietary but there has to be a way.    I have been trying to fit the XFX AMD Radeon RX 590 into the HP ENVY Desktop. I quickly realized the power supply needed to be upgraded and have the EVGA 600W ATX. I am able to get the video card seated in the motherboard however I am stuck on how to connect everything. I did some searching and thought I needed the 24 pin to 6 pin connector (I bought this on Ebay). I am still not able to make the connections needed. Has anyone done this (i did try searching on here), or is this not an option to add the video card to this pc?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Aviator2400,

You thought you could challenge with a board name? 😝

What is the exact model number.  Rother boards are used in the TE01, TG01, and TP01 series computers. I would need that to lookup the components and hardware configuration. Did you get a " XFX RX 590 Fatboy DirectX 12 RX-590P8DFD6" ?  This  225W card,  has a (1) 6pin and (1) 8 pin power plug PCIe requirement.

The max proprietary PSU is the 500W HP L05757-800.

I refuse to explain that 24 to 6 pin, as it is a hazard.  There is also no start computer function, and NO shutdown.

This system is feedback driven thru Solution and Kudo flags. It's the only means of knowing if you have been served. Please click Accept as Solution, if your problem is solved. To say THANK YOU, press the "thumbs up symbol" to render a KUDO. You can render both Solution and KUDO..

HP Envy 8 5010 Tablet
(2) HP DV7t i7 3160QM 2.3Ghz 8GB
Printer -- HP OfficeJet Pro 8620 Legal
Custom Asus Z97D, I7-4790k, 16GB RAM, WIN10 Pro 64bit, ZOTAC GTX1080 AMP Extreme 3 fan 8GB RAM, 500GB SSD, Asus PB287 4k monitor, Rosewill Blackhawk case and 750W OCZ PSU.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

@Aviator2400,

You thought you could challenge with a board name? 😝

What is the exact model number.  Rother boards are used in the TE01, TG01, and TP01 series computers. I would need that to lookup the components and hardware configuration. Did you get a " XFX RX 590 Fatboy DirectX 12 RX-590P8DFD6" ?  This  225W card,  has a (1) 6pin and (1) 8 pin power plug PCIe requirement.

The max proprietary PSU is the 500W HP L05757-800.

I refuse to explain that 24 to 6 pin, as it is a hazard.  There is also no start computer function, and NO shutdown.

This system is feedback driven thru Solution and Kudo flags. It's the only means of knowing if you have been served. Please click Accept as Solution, if your problem is solved. To say THANK YOU, press the "thumbs up symbol" to render a KUDO. You can render both Solution and KUDO..

HP Envy 8 5010 Tablet
Custom Asus Z97D, I7-4790k, 16GB RAM, WIN10 Pro 64bit, ZOTAC GTX1080 AMP Extreme 3 fan 8GB RAM, 500GB SSD, Asus PB287 4k monitor, Rosewill Blackhawk case and 750W OCZ PSU.
HP Recommended

Hello!

Thank you for the response!  The pc is model TE01-0034.  The video card is a Fat Boy like me, Model # RX-590P8D.  If there is anyway I can make this work, I would be forever grateful.  I know it is like combining oil and water.  As for that 24 to 6 pin, I do have fire insurance!  All BS aside, I am just happy to get a reply.  Sounds like you know your stuff.  Thank you again...

HP Recommended

@Aviator2400,

Been learning for 10 years on the forum.  I think some of it right ?

The TE01-0034 has a 180W PSU. The RX 590 is a 225W card.   You should order the500W  HP L05757-800 , as it provides the proper plugs for the motherboard.  You can order from HP, as noted here.  Price is $110.37 net

HP Envy 8 5010 Tablet
HP Recommended

Cool Beans!  I will get that ordered!!  Will I need anything additional to plug into the XFX video card for power?  Wonder about the 8 pin and 6 pin connectors on the top?

HP Recommended

@Aviator2400 

You will need a 8pin splitter that has 6+2 on each leg.

HP Envy 8 5010 Tablet
HP Recommended

That power supply came in over the weekend.  Worked like a charm!  Thank you Wb2001 for all your help!!!!!!  Much appreciated!!!!!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.