Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
500-336
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I would like to open up my power supply and clean it out.  However, I would first like to review the user manual so that I can learn how to discharge the stored electricity or how to stay away from the high voltage.  I opened up the computer and I see that the part number for the power supply is 667893-003.  I did a web search of that part number but no user manual returned in the results.  

Is there a way that I can download the manual from HP?

I know that the parts are sometimes known under a different model number or name, as well (for example, sold to consumers as an individual part), but I wasn't sure how to figure out the alternate part or model number?

On a different note, I noticed that one of the voltages supplied by this power supply is 5.09 V.  I think that most ATX power supplies supply 5V, as one of the voltages.  Is the power supply best replaced with a specific ATX version?  In replacing the power supply, should I instead use one that supplies 5.09V?  I read that HP has often used proprietary power supplies like this.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

First thing to consider - most likely there is not a user manual.  Very rarely will a power supply maker/manufacturer give out a manual showing the user how to open or clean a power supply.  They are considered a non-serviceable part.  In checking the support page for your PC

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c04345595

It indicates the power supply to be

• Form factor: Internal ATX
  • Total wattage: 300W
  • Nominal input voltage range: 200-240V/3A (50-60Hz)
  • Dimensions: 150mm x 140mm x 86mm (5.9 x 5.5 x 3.4 inches)

not appearing to be a proprietary power supply

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the "Was this reply helpful" Yes button.
HP Recommended

I suppose the 5.09V rail is still within the 5% tolerance (5V *1.05 = 5.25V), assuming that that power supply is still outputting the 5.09V.  I just thought that those tolerances were so that in case the power supply was a little off in what it produced, it would still be reasonably close to the 3.3V, 5.0V, etc.  I just didn't think of it as an "invitation" to outright produce different voltages, but more as quality control tolerances.  But, maybe the manufacturer was trying to produce a 5V rail, but the voltage ended up being a little off so the manufacturer put an accurate label of 5.09V.  

HP Recommended

I looked at a label for a 667893-003 power supply.  I really do not know why they would indicate that voltage but I would not read anything into it as being abnormal.  Most other supplies indicate 5v, as you posted.

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the "Was this reply helpful" Yes button.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.