sue_deering52
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post

Video Card for HP Inspiron 3847

HP Recommended
Inspiron 3847
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I would like to add a video card to my Inspiron 3847, purchased some years ago.  Want to have a dual HDMI display.  Any recommendations?  thank-you!

5 REPLIES 5
old_geekster
Level 16
Level 16
24,597 24,249 2,827 10,348
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@sue_deering52 , welcome to the Community.

Your computer is actually made by Dell.  Here is the Owner's Manual: https://downloads.dell.com/manuals/all-products/esuprt_desktop/esuprt_inspiron_desktop/inspiron-3847...

Also, here are the Specifications: https://downloads.dell.com/manuals/all-products/esuprt_desktop/esuprt_inspiron_desktop/inspiron-3847...

I can't find the wattage of the power supply unit and if it has any PCIe power connectors for a video card, anywhere in the documentation.  Therefore, I can't recommend a video card.

I am not an HP Employee!!

Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
sue_deering52
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you very much!!  How the heck did I miss it was a Dell?!  lol

Appreciate the help!

Sue

0 Kudos
old_geekster
Level 16
Level 16
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@sue_deering52, I am always glad to help!  Just remember who tried to help you the next time you buy a computer. 😉

0 Kudos
sue_deering52
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Just recently bought an HP laptop, and helped my partner order one as well.  Used to be an HP employee, so I always look there first.  🙂

0 Kudos
old_geekster
Level 16
Level 16
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@sue_deering52, welcome back!  I am glad that you bought HP again.  They have great products.

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation