cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
The HP Calculator Community Message Board is moving. While we prepare for the move, we are unable to accept new postings. During the move, you can look for help from other users by visiting https://www.hpmuseum.org/ . Or if you need technical support for your calculator visit: HP Calculators. .
JamesWilbur
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Video Card

HP Recommended
510-P026
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I just bought the new 2020 MS Flight Sim but since i only have 1GB Video memory that is integrated but need 2GB at the minimum, it will not run.  Any suggestions on what i must buy to work the Flight Sim?  and will it fit? Or just buy a new desktop?  

i see from one post that i need to consider i different power supply. 

i had one person recommend the  GeForce GTX 770 or better. 

Would like to get 4GB as recommended if there is room?

Would also like to have 16GB RAM as recommended but I'm not sure  how many slots are available as I haven't opened it up yet.

Currently i have:

12GB RAM

1GB VRAM

Any help is appreciated. 

Thank you

3 REPLIES 3
savvy2
Level 7
1,432 1,058 40 104
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

well buy a GPU card.

buy GTX1070 o r GTX1650 (far far better)(

the rules posted vast times.

• must fit and not hit things. (I use  a  ruler) ( 4.2"tall cards, and not tool long, 2 and 3 fan card fail (ruler it)
  • not overload PSU above will not.  PSU 240watt up.
  • not overload the slot (no comment hp does not spec this)
  • not cause overheating above not.
  • if using secure boot now,  you need to reload the OS, if it fails,  (some PCs new (2016 yours as  setup in secure boot and must be turned off to use non hp cards, (IDK this)  so see what happens here, if fail reload the OS .
  • newer PCs that  are UEFI class _III , hard  pain to use,  (reload OS for sure here or must be HP card(IDK)

class -III does not have legacy mode, see that?   2020 year arrivals. IDK extent.

NO warranty answers by me.
Was this reply helpful? Yes No
savvy2
Level 7
1,432 1,058 40 104
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

any card that high 4.2" , gtx7xx up works,  WIndows 10 limits cards  choices, no me nor HP.

amd series 5000 up. cards.

what matters is 2 things, FPS you want and how fat wallet is.

and correct ports you need for you monitor.

and Vram size wanted, 2GB up.

and gee lots of features,  newegg dot com. click GPU and see left side of screen gander at that, see vast features.

id never guess what you want or need.

All i can tell you is what fits and works.

get the GTX1650 then in 5 years, you still like it,  is that what you want, just now or  future needs, consider that.

I can run METRO LL full speed with that card or  any game sold. any/

NO warranty answers by me.
JamesWilbur
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Appreciate everyone’s help.

I think getting a GPU, another VRAM, additional RAM that I’m almost up to buying a new gaming computer at Bestbuy which is $579 right now.

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation