Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Compaq Elite 8200 sf
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hej, 

i have this HP Elite Compaq 8200 small form, 

i need to connect it to 2 screens (LG 24UD58, 3840x2160px) 

Screens have displayPOrt and hdmi inputs.

The native displayPort is working, but another hdmi is missing on the computer. I tried to plug a vga -> hdmi converter but

1) it cuts the display port when starting the computer.. not usable

2) the resolution is to small for my screen, all is blurred

So i need to change the video card

As the computer is in small format, which could be the good one to put in PCI extension slot ?

I need a card with two hdmi outputs, or one dPort & one hdmi output.

It's not for gaming, only to make music 🙂

Thanks !

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hi:

This card should work.

MSI GT1030 2G LP OC Carte Graphique Nvidia GeForce GT 1030 1265 MHz 2 Go PCI Express 3.0 Noir: Amazo...

I'm assuming that it also comes with the low profile mounting bracket that you can easily switch.

I have the 8200 Elite CMT and have a GT1030 in mine and it works fine, but mine is a different brand (EVGA) that has a DVI out and a HDMI out.

HP Recommended

Thanks for your quick reply ! Will the resolution be ok on my screens ? (not blurred)

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

The resolution should be fine.

It's too bad your monitors don't have DVI inputs, because they make special video cards with a DMS-59 port to DVI using a splitter cable.  You can have two separate images on each display.  For example you can be on the internet on one display, and working on an Excel spreadsheet on the other one.

The 8200 Elite I have, came with the Radeon HD 6350 card, but since I don't use two displays, I gave that card to my son, who uses two displays.

Here are the resolution specs for the GT 1030...

GeForce GT 1030 | Specifications | GeForce (nvidia.com)

HP Recommended

thanks for all, i will try to get it !

As i am on this post, i need a firewire 400 extension card too. Do you have some advice on it (for the same computer !)

Thx

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Unfortunately I do not have any recommendations for such a card, but I would think that any low profile PCIe x1 firewire card should fit.

You can either use the PCIe x1 slot or the white PCIe x4 slot (that looks like the black PCIe x16 graphics card slot).

HP Recommended

ok thanks for all.

HP Recommended

Anytime.

Glad to have been of assistance.

Please post back and let us know how your video card upgrade went.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.