Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Envy 750-114
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

I have already upgraded the power supply to a 700watt Bronze power supply.  Also added a 1TB SSD.

I have a NVIDIA GeForce GTX970 GDDR5 192 Bit PCI-Express Video Graphics Card 1GB HDMI.  I installed it into the mother board and added the 6 pin power cord to it.  I know it has power as the fan is on.  The card had me install the newest drivers for it.  I double checked and the newest is up-to-date.  On the device management page the video card is enabled.

When I plug in the HDMI cable to monitor, I get no video.  Do I need to disable the on board video (Intel(R) HD Graphics 530) and only have the new card enabled?

Please help me.  Thanks!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@rallychez 

As I suggested in my previous post, it is time to contact the manufacturer's Tech Support for help.  I can't give you any good reason why the card is acting this way.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

@rallychez , welcome to the Community.

I can see no reason why your video card shouldn't work if it is installed correctly.  The computer has the appropriate PCI Express (3.0) slot.  Here is the latest driver from nVidia: https://www.nvidia.in/Download/driverResults.aspx/172573/en-in

When you install the video card the Integrated Video is automatically disabled.  If you still have problem after installing the latest driver, if it is not already installed, I suggest contacting the manufacturer's Tech Support for help.  They are the experts on their products.

Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

HP Recommended

Thanks.

Update:

I tried disabling the Intel one from the device management.  Restart and the computer with HDMI in new card I get a set of beeps but nothing.  power off and move HDMI to board again, it works.  

Next, I tried uninstalled the Intel one from the device management.  Restart and the computer with HDMI in new card I get a set of beeps but nothing.  power off and move HDMI to board again, it works.  

The Intel is no longer on the device management but when the HDMI is plugged into board I have video.

I tried uninstalling the NVIDIA stuff and reinstalling and same thing.

Still lost.

HP Recommended

I do see a triangle with a ! inside of it when I look at the device management page.  The Intel driver is now back.  Can the video card be bad if it shows that triangle?

HP Recommended

Thank you for the additional information, @rallychez!

The yellow triangle with the exclamation mark means that the computer is having trouble with the device.  Normally, this means there is no driver or the driver is installed improperly.  In Device Manager right click on the device and select Update driver/Search automatically for driver.  If a driver is available it will be found and installed.

HP Recommended

I have uninstalled all NVIDIA drivers, removed card, restarted to check that all NVIDIA is gone, Powered down, put card back in, powered up, moved HDMI cable to new card and same thing.  I get the beeps then it starts but no video.  If I move the HDMI to board, I have video again.  The drives for the card update themselves to the newest one and still has the triangle.  It is giving me a Code 43.

HP Recommended

@rallychez 

As I suggested in my previous post, it is time to contact the manufacturer's Tech Support for help.  I can't give you any good reason why the card is acting this way.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.