1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post

WINDOWS 10 NO MOUSE/KEYBOARD ON ONBOARD USB2

HP Recommended
z400
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello to Everyone!

I try to install Windows10 professional (clean istall) on to Hp z400 Workstation.  (bios fw v3.60).

After the first reboot (where user has to finalize the intallation process), keyboard and mouse wont't be recognized by any of onboard usb2 port's.  (Whenn the install DVD boots up, and user has to authorize the process to strat the installation, the usb2 ports are working fine.)

Lucky that I have a 3rd party inbuilt pci usb3 usb card,  it is working fine so if i put there the mouse/keyboard i can finish the install process. 

After the Win10 firts startup, USB2 ports still not working,  the devicemanager can't find any drive autmatically, and

after two day's of searching, i didn't find any drivers by myself to get the onborad usb2 ports to work propely.

The strange thing is,  if i connect external HDD/pedrive to the USB2, it is working fine (i can move/copy) only the keyboard and the mouse that does not work.

Is there anyone here, who has a succesfully installed windows 10 on a hp z400 workstation?

Thanks.

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation