Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
TouchSmart 600-1305t
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi all.  I'm gonna upgrade the CPU in this AiO but I don't have the original manual and there is a ton of conflicting, at best, confusing, information about this processor and its siblings.  It's too old (2010) for me to find the manual/specs online so I don't have the compatible processor list from HP.  It looks like HP sold a ton of different variations and hardware combinations under the Touchsmart 600 line.  Even the Intel Arrandale line has different socket descriptors across it's line.

-  CPUID says its a Intel Core i3 370M, codename Arrandale, socket 989 rPGA.

-  Intel says it is a socket PGA988.

-  Some sites just refer to socket G1 or G2, and even differ on the compatibility of the two.

-   Some sites say the motherboard is a Pegatron model 2A9a with chipset HM57.

-  Others say it is a Compaq IMPIP-MG.

I don't have the PC here at the house right now so I can't open it up and try to confirm anything.  CPUID has always been accurate for me, however, I'm not confident enough to order anything based on the descriptions I'm finding with the CPUs being offered for sale.

Does anyone have this particular machine's approved processor list or some insights into how I can go about figuring out which of the i5s or i7s to purchase?

Thanks in advance for whatever help you can offer.

Howard,

Redmond, WA

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi, Howard:

Below is the link to the parts list for your PC.

HP PartSurfer

Looks like the best processor that HP offered in that model series was the i5-460M, 2.53GHz, 35W processor.

Intel® Core™ i5-460M Processor (3M Cache, 2.53 GHz) Product Specifications

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi, Howard:

Below is the link to the parts list for your PC.

HP PartSurfer

Looks like the best processor that HP offered in that model series was the i5-460M, 2.53GHz, 35W processor.

Intel® Core™ i5-460M Processor (3M Cache, 2.53 GHz) Product Specifications

HP Recommended

Thanks.  Just like that - problem solved.  🙂

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.