Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
06-04-2020 09:40 AM - last edited on 06-04-2020 09:51 AM by kevin-t
Need assistance with a Warranty dispute that was summitted over 2 weeks ago and no progress.
From the response email: Case number [edited] has been created [edited].
This PC was purchased in August 2019 last year, and I've included a receipt showing the purchase and date.
I can't find a way to contact anyone in HP other than this forum.
How can I get any movement on this or talk to a real person at HP?
The system is dead and I need to open a support ticket.
Solved! Go to Solution.
07-06-2020 09:06 PM
I'd figure I'd update and close this thread:
- The warranty did get updated last week to reflect the date of purchase (thanks to those who helped).
- HP graciously extended it to make up for the delay since there is only about a month left at this point.
- I was able to open a support case today for the original issue, and speak with a tech within an hour.
The lesson to be learned from all this:
When you purchase an HP computer, register it right away with the support site and make sure that the warranty information is correct. In my case it was expired before I even purchased the system causing this delay in being able to get it fixed.
Thanks all who helped me, I hope this info helps someone else out.
06-04-2020 10:29 AM
Welcome to the HP Support Community.
I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).
Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
Have a great day!
I am an HP Employee
06-17-2020 07:00 PM
Its now been a month since I opened this case, and despite sending the receipt in the day the ticket was opened and again through private messages, I still cannot get this issue resolved, or talk to anyone at HP.
I'm almost at my wits end and ready to submit complaints to the Better Business Bureau and the Federal Trade Commission due to the fact that the warranty is listed as expired before the computer was purchased, and I cannot get anyone in HP to correct this issue even after repeatedly supplying the proof of purchase.
What does it take to either get this issue resolved, or speak with someone who can help?
How can I get this case escalated to a manager or talk to someone within the company?
06-23-2020 10:16 AM
Now on day 36 with no movement on this case.
No response to direct messages or emails from HP. No phone number to call.
Stuck in COVID19 lockdown with a broken system for over a month, and cant get anyone at this company to help me with this case even after supplying the proof of purchase multiple times.
06-23-2020 10:27 AM
I have bumped the request.
- I have submitted a request that someone take a look.
- Please know that our Community is not HP Technical Support.
- Our request for assistance on your behalf does not influence the outcome: Our request is not a magic back door into HP.
- The time frame (how long it takes) for a response is not controlled by the Community.
- When there is a response, a Community moderator / agent will (should) post back on this thread before using other methods to contact you.
Note to those reading:
- Do not contact random numbers posted in a public or private message by “new members”. Vermin are looking for victims – don’t be next.
- Please do not post any personal or case information here - we cannot make use of the data.
- Posting personal information at a public site increases your risk from rats and scammers.
Thank you for participating in our HP Community .
We are a world community of volunteers dedicated to supporting HP technology.
06-23-2020 12:32 PM
Thank you for bumping this, the crux is the issue here is any lack of any methods of support on a warranty claim:
- The warranty shows up as expired to a time before I even purchased the system, so no support available.
- The online dispute created a ticket for this, but there is no way to interact with it or update it. No email, phone number, contact. Its been sitting there idle for 35 days with no way to get any movement.
- The support website only gives me 2 options: This forum and a service center (which is non-essential during covid).
- The HP tech who responded to my DM originally went dark, and never replied to my repeated attempts at messages or emails.
I would to be able to interact with an open ticket like every other company I've worked with, unfortunately when I click "Contact Us" this forum is the only option available. So since this is the ONLY method that I have to get any contact with HP, I don't have any other choice but to treat is a support method.
I would greatly appreciate it if you can get a tech to email/contact me directly so that I'm able to use a more direct support method, and don't have to rely on a public forum.
06-23-2020 12:51 PM
You are welcome.
HP does not directly email customers from this Community - if you (now) receive a private message without having the agent first post here, be careful! Asking for someone to email you can result in someone other than HP sneaking in and trying to persuade you to give them your private information. Vermin are always looking for a way "in".
Unfortunately, as you know - the Community is not HP Support.
We have only indirect means of intervening on your behalf and there are restrictions - I cannot, for example, open a ticket for you, I cannot authorize anyone to contact you directly, we do not use email. We cannot force the timeline for the response. We cannot jump in front the the line nor can we know the results of our efforts. The list is long of what we cannot do and the list is short for what we can do.
I do sympathize. The world is a different place right now and much of what should work is just "sort of" working. For some of us, "nothing is working" and we feel stuck.
Hang in there.
Thank you for participating in our HP Community.
We are a world community of volunteers dedicated to supporting HP technology
Happy that someone responded to your plea for help? Click Thumbs Up to say Thank You!
Answered? Click "Accept as Solution" to help others find it.
06-23-2020 01:28 PM
What compounds the issue is the release date of the HP 24 the OP purchased.
It was released June 2018, and the OP bought it more than 1 year from the release date.
It may have been NOS (New Old Stock) being sold-off via 3rd party. That receipt is the OP's only proof.
HP Envy 8 5010 Tablet
(2) HP DV7t i7 3160QM 2.3Ghz 8GB
Printer -- HP OfficeJet Pro 8620 Legal
Custom Asus Z97D, I7-4790k, 16GB RAM, WIN10 Pro 64bit, ZOTAC GTX1080 AMP Extreme 3 fan 8GB RAM, 500GB SSD, Asus PB287 4k monitor, Rosewill Blackhawk case and 750W OCZ PSU.