Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
570-p045xt
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Trying to see how to contact Customer Service - On Line (I hate phones)

My desktop died.  I suspect a power supply  problem.  Will not power up.  Have changed plugs, outlets, all the normal stuff, no power to computer.  

Oddly, my order was placed 12/29/17.  It was shipped 1/4/18.  A warranty check via my Serial # says my warranty expired 8/18, which makes no sense to me.  Supposed to be a 1 year Warranty.

So, is there a contact method, other than phone, for Customer Service?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Well, I was unable to find it.  

After calling Customer Support, being shuttled off to 7 (Yes, I counted them) different operators, and being disconnected twice, I was able to get everything resolved.  Warranty was extended to actual purchase date, and work order is in process.  I anticipate a happy ending.

The reason I didn't want to call is the operators work from a book, or list, of things they want you to check.  This was a power issue.  There is a green LED on the back of the computer, and when it is plugged in, that light is on, regardless of the computer being turned on or not.  I mentioned in my original request to them, and in my initial conversation(s) with each operator, that I had changed cords, checked that the outlet was giving power, to no avail. I took the cord from another HP computer when was working (spare).  Nope, not sinking in.  Please unplug the computer and plug it back in.  All this after I had to explain 5 times that no, the fans were not humming, the computer was not vibrating, and yes, (not that it mattered) the display cord was plugged in.  

I think the kicker was when she had me switch the power options from 115v to 220v, then back again, just to confirm that my computer was set to the proper voltage.  

And yes, I understand many people are not computer literate, and yes, every computer manufacturer works the same way.  But, is it too much to ask that the person actually listen to the customer, acknowledge the steps that have already been taken, and skip to that part of the book?

None of this is a complaint toward HP, per se.  As I said, they have done everything I hoped, and I am happy (assuming the computer comes back working) with Customer Service.  Just the world we live in, I guess.  

I will try to 'resolve' this thread.  If I fail, the Mods can close it.   Thank you to all that tried to help.  Kudo's.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Greetings,

Welcome to the forum.

I am not a HP employee.

You should be able to email HP at this (Link).

The product manufacturing date was probably 8/17. You should be able to fix this with a purchase receipt dated in December of 2017.

Regards

HP Recommended

Thank you for your post.  That takes me to a page that offers returning to the Support Community, or finding the proper phone number to call.

I found a place to dispute the warranty info, and have submitted a request there.  Since I purchased directly from the HP Store, I am assuming my Order Number will suffice.  

Meanwhile, I guess I am going to have to bite the bullet and do the 'phone' thing.  I just need to get this on file quick, since I am close to expiration of the warranty, as I believe it exists.  

Funny how this stuff happens during the Holidays.  Last time we purchased between Christmas and NYE, since her other computer died then.  Now, here we are again, at the Holidays.  Siiiiiiiigh.  

Again, Thank You.

HP Recommended

Hi,

I have used this link before.

You get email contact options after entering the product's serial number.

Regards

HP Recommended

Well, I was unable to find it.  

After calling Customer Support, being shuttled off to 7 (Yes, I counted them) different operators, and being disconnected twice, I was able to get everything resolved.  Warranty was extended to actual purchase date, and work order is in process.  I anticipate a happy ending.

The reason I didn't want to call is the operators work from a book, or list, of things they want you to check.  This was a power issue.  There is a green LED on the back of the computer, and when it is plugged in, that light is on, regardless of the computer being turned on or not.  I mentioned in my original request to them, and in my initial conversation(s) with each operator, that I had changed cords, checked that the outlet was giving power, to no avail. I took the cord from another HP computer when was working (spare).  Nope, not sinking in.  Please unplug the computer and plug it back in.  All this after I had to explain 5 times that no, the fans were not humming, the computer was not vibrating, and yes, (not that it mattered) the display cord was plugged in.  

I think the kicker was when she had me switch the power options from 115v to 220v, then back again, just to confirm that my computer was set to the proper voltage.  

And yes, I understand many people are not computer literate, and yes, every computer manufacturer works the same way.  But, is it too much to ask that the person actually listen to the customer, acknowledge the steps that have already been taken, and skip to that part of the book?

None of this is a complaint toward HP, per se.  As I said, they have done everything I hoped, and I am happy (assuming the computer comes back working) with Customer Service.  Just the world we live in, I guess.  

I will try to 'resolve' this thread.  If I fail, the Mods can close it.   Thank you to all that tried to help.  Kudo's.

HP Recommended

Hi Bosk13,

You're very welcome.

Regards

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.