Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
EliteDisplay E240c
Mac OS X 10.11 El Capitan

I'm trapped at home working - like the rest of you - and now an operational webcam is a necessity. BUT the webcam on my Mac is not convenient as I use the EliteDisplay as my only monitor. Where are the drivers for - and solutions to assist with - using the built-in webcam ON THE DISPLAY as my Zoom or Skype or other main Webcam?

In 2017 this question was asked and closed. I'm looking for something more current. A workaround with an adapter, something. I don't want to spend $$ on a webcam when I already have two built into my devices.

Thanks!

Jeff

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

As per the manual for your monitor (here) you need a USB connection between your PC and the monitor for it to work. You also need Cyberlink YouCam installed. That program was on the CD that came with the monitor but the newest version comes on this site.

HP Recommended

JJ, that all sounds great...well, pretty good. But since I'm on a Mac, would I need a thunderbolt to usb or usb to usb? AND, the YouCam software is Windows only. So if that's a necessity, then I'm still unsolved.

The ideal would be HP drivers that allow the Mac to see and use all features of the display.

Thanks!

Jeff

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.