Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Pavilion TP01-0014
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@DarkJason2 

Your question/inquiry is very vague.  Why do you want a graphic card?    For what ?   If anyone were to suggest a card, and it was not powerful enough to meet your needs, WHO failed ?    HP utilizes proprietary designed power supplies in those units.  Here is a spreadsheet with variations.  Every manufacturer has their own card, so length will vary from 8.8 to 11.7 inches.

This system is feedback driven thru Solution and Kudo flags. It's the only means of knowing if you have been served. Please click Accept as Solution, if your problem is solved. To say THANK YOU, press the "thumbs up symbol" to render a KUDO. You can render both Solution and KUDO..

HP Envy 8 5010 Tablet
(2) HP DV7t i7 3160QM 2.3Ghz 8GB
Printer -- HP OfficeJet Pro 8620 Legal
Custom Asus Z97D, I7-4790k, 16GB RAM, WIN10 Pro 64bit, ZOTAC GTX1080 AMP Extreme 3 fan 8GB RAM, 500GB SSD, Asus PB287 4k monitor, Rosewill Blackhawk case and 750W OCZ PSU.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@DarkJason2 

Your question/inquiry is very vague.  Why do you want a graphic card?    For what ?   If anyone were to suggest a card, and it was not powerful enough to meet your needs, WHO failed ?    HP utilizes proprietary designed power supplies in those units.  Here is a spreadsheet with variations.  Every manufacturer has their own card, so length will vary from 8.8 to 11.7 inches.

This system is feedback driven thru Solution and Kudo flags. It's the only means of knowing if you have been served. Please click Accept as Solution, if your problem is solved. To say THANK YOU, press the "thumbs up symbol" to render a KUDO. You can render both Solution and KUDO..

HP Envy 8 5010 Tablet
Custom Asus Z97D, I7-4790k, 16GB RAM, WIN10 Pro 64bit, ZOTAC GTX1080 AMP Extreme 3 fan 8GB RAM, 500GB SSD, Asus PB287 4k monitor, Rosewill Blackhawk case and 750W OCZ PSU.
HP Recommended

okay My bad.

I want the graphics card to play Madden 21 and NBA 2k21 on PC.

so games but really those two games.

I was told I couldn't put a graphics card powerful enough to power a card like that. so I came to ask on this forum. I just wanted to know what specific card if possible that can play those games on this PC. Just let me know if it's possible or not or what specific type of card or if it's not possible. that's all. Thank you!

HP Recommended

@DarkJason2 

And the truth shall enlighten you !   Your CPU chip is OK, but you need a GPU card.

It can be done with a Zotac mini GTX 1080 card and the HP L04618-800 PSU (400W).  $877.77 + (ship/tax).

Madden NFL 21 Minimum PC Requirements

Processor (Intel): Core i3-6100 @3.7GHz or better   (your +20% better)

Memory: 8GB

Graphics Card (AMD): Radeon RX 460 or Equivalent

Graphics Card (Nvidia): GeForce GTX 670 or Equivalent

Multiplayer Online Connection Requirements: 512 KBPS or faster Internet connection

Hard Drive Space: 50GB

Madden NFL 21 Recommended PC Requirements

Processor (Intel): Core i5-3550 @3.40GHz or better  (your +9% better)

Memory: 16GB

Graphics Card (AMD): Radeon R9 270x or Equivalent

Graphics Card (Nvidia): GeForce GTX 680 or Equivalent

Multiplayer Online Connection Requirements: Broadband Connection

Hard Drive Space: 50GB

With the launch of NBA 2K21 on PC Requirements

MINIMUM:

Processor: Intel® Core™ i3-530 @ 2.93 GHz    (your +90% better)

Memory: 4 GB RAM

Graphics: NVIDIA® GeForce® GT 450 1GB

Storage: 80 GB available space

Dual-analog gamepad: Recommended

Notes: Initial installation requires one-time internet connection for Steam authentication; software installations required (included with the game) include DirectX and Visual C++ Redistributable 2012.

RECOMMENDED:

Processor: Intel® Core™ i5-4430 @ 3 GHz       (your +20% better)

Memory: 8 GB RAM

Graphics: NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 770 2GB

Storage: 80 GB available space

Dual-analog gamepad: Recommended

The GTX 770 is higher wattage card. The GTX 1080 is lower wattage, and faster.

HP Envy 8 5010 Tablet
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.