Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
790-0050xt CTO
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi guys. I have the hp pavillion gaming pc they sell at Walmart etc. I bought and configured direct from hp with a 400w psu. I'd like a larger psu. Hp has a proprietary psu in this machine and I dont want headaches.

What hp psu will this take of about 500-750w.

Thanks. The hp parts store is no help

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@Neveragain97531 , welcome to the forum.

The motherboard is also HP proprietary.  It has a 4-pin power connector instead of the standard 24-pin ATX power connector.  You would have to buy an upgrade PSU from HP, but the 400W is the largest that they have that works with your motherboard (Berks).  The 400W will work fine with your setup.

Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
HP Recommended

@Neveragain97531, the largest PSU that is available for your motherboard is 500W (L05757-800).  You can buy it directly from HP.  Here is a Power Supply Cross-Reference Chart to show you where I got this information: https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Knowledge-Base/Power-Supply-Cross-Reference-for-specific-model...

It doesn't show the 500W in the information for your computer, but it will fit all of the 790 series computers.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.