Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
HP Desktop - M01-F1033wb
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Needing verified psu upgrades that will work in a hp m01-f1033wb wanting to do a gpu upgrade

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Hayesb560,

@BeemerBiker is quite correct that it requires some effort to put it all together -but will perform like a brand-new gaming rig.

So, in addition to the "ATX 24-Pin to SATA power supply adapter card" you showed, you will need a "PCIe X16 to PCIe X16 extension cable/dock" and graphics card base/stand. Please note: the PCIe extension cable can be ordered in many different layouts.  Observe how the left extension cable in the picture differs from the right one -you need to pick/purchase the one that best fits your desktop's PCIe x16 slot orientation:

NonSequitur777_1-1660508997478.png

[EDIT:] Please keep in mind that the ribbon cable shouldn't be less than 30cm (11+ inches) in length to allow sufficient cable adjustability to connect the ribbon cable from your desktop's PCIe x16 slot to an externally positioned graphics card.

Also, you do not need or want a PCIe extension cable with a separate power option as I initially assumed.  As a matter of fact, this will cause issues with the ATX 24-Pin to SATA power supply adapter card's relay.  You also do not need to cut into your desktop to feed the PCIe x16 ribbon cable through, you can feed this cable and the 15-pin SATA power cable through by removing the PCIe brackets from the back of your PC (remove the Torx retaining screw securing the PCIe brackets from the chassis if there is one), and lift the retaining latch up and swing it back.

Here is another legacy HP desktop upgrade project of mine: Solved: Upgrading HP EliteDesk 800 G3 SFF - HP Support Community - 8251218

And here are a couple of pictures from my most recent legacy HP desktop upgrade project, an HP Z240 SFF:

NonSequitur777_2-1660509731608.png

NonSequitur777_3-1660509750838.png

NonSequitur777_5-1660510180220.png

Link: Solved: Upgrading HP Z240 Desktop Workstation SFF - HP Support Community - 8427878

What you see here is an externally parked RTX 3080 OC 12GB and an externally parked fully modular AGK850 watt AresGame power supply. The red circle shows an additional externally mounted desktop cooling fan I installed right above the internal CPU cooling fan in order to force/accelerate/boost airflow to cool the upgraded Xeon E3-1280 v6 processor.  This CPU cooling method works very well on all my upgraded legacy HP desktops.

Hope this gives you some ideas how to proceed.

Kind Regards,

NonSequitur777

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
HP Recommended

There is a "confirmed" list here

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Knowledge-Base/Power-Supply-Cross-Reference-for-specific-model...

but I do not see your model  m01-f1033wb

I am guessing your HP product ID is 9EE50AA.  If I am wrong then please change the following

Your part list is shown here https://partsurfer.hp.com/partsurfer/?searchtext=9EE50AA&searchby=product

and that 180 watt power supply is part number L81008-800

According a support geek at Best Buy the L81008-800 can be upgraded to 310 watts

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/questions/hp-desktop-amd-ryzen-5-12gb-1tb-ssd-jet-black/6454569/questio...

That part is sold at several places but I would contact the vendor first to see if it will actually work.

My personal recommended is to get a gaming system.  You will have heat flow problems with a gtx1060 or better cardl and the 310 watt is not sufficient for gtx1060

this card might work OK with that 310 watt

https://www.techpowerup.com/gpu-specs/geforce-gtx-1050-ti.c2885

Thank you for using HP products and posting to the community
I am a community volunteer and not work for HP.
If you find this post useful click the YES button
If I helped solve your problem please mark this as a solution.

HP Recommended

My plan is too build a gaming pc a bit at a time but this is what I have a the moment. I am using a Radeon RX550 at the moment and the PC does great for what it is. My last gaming PC I built lasted 12 years just went down on me a couple days ago I differently got my usage out of it and it was at the point I couldn't run what I wanted to run anyways. But this HP was being used for my business so I decided to use my laptop for that and this PC for my main for awhile until I build what I want for the next hopefully 10 years or so. I have heard there is a 500 watt psu I could get for this? Not being 24 pin motherboard really done sizes my options. Also you are correct I checked and it is a 9EE50AA

HP Recommended

Hi @Hayesb560  @BeemerBiker 

if this one

M01-F1033wb Product Specifications

Motherboard Specifications, BakerMS

see baker :

400w pcie 6+2

L69242-800

and read the comments

Tom_W2

My new power supply arrived today, so I swapped it out quickly. Pretty easy to work on these Pavilions, though you do need to move a few peripherals out of the way for easy access. Anyway, here's what I have and what I did.

PC - Pavilion Desktop TP01-1127c with Baker Motherboard

Graphics card: NVIDIA GTX 1650

32 gig RAM

i5-10400F CPU

Removed: L63964=004 310 Watt HP power supply, 80% Gold, WITH 6+2 PCIE

Installed: L69242-800 400 Watt HP power supply, Gold, With 6+2 PCIE

Connections and wiring identical, just more capacity in case I want to go up to a 125 watt graphics card.

and

Morgavo

So I have officially installed the L05757-800 500w PSU on my Baker motherboard. 

The swap went smoothly with zero issues. The L05757-800 fit perfectly; all four screw holes line up in my case, and the P1, P3, & fan pins and cables were exact. Powered up and working with zero issues.

I hope this helps you

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

Found a 500w one on ebay it looks like it may interchange. What do you think?

HP Z1 Entry Tower G5 800 880 G3 4Pin 500W Power Supply DPS-500AB-32 A 90175-013

HP Recommended

@Hayesb560 wrote:

Found a 500w one on ebay it looks like it may interchange. What do you think?

HP Z1 Entry Tower G5 800 880 G3 4Pin 500W Power Supply DPS-500AB-32 A 90175-013

No, that is too wide.  

Your 180 watt is L81008-800 (please verify by looking at power supply) and a picture of it is here

https://www.ebay.com/itm/265576129592

the 500 is too wide

BeemerBiker_0-1660161542863.png

If you do get a 300, 400 or 500 to fit please post back here so our knowledge base of power supplies can be updated

HP Recommended

@Prométhée wrote:

400w pcie 6+2

L69242-800

and read the comments

Tom_W2

My new power supply arrived today, so I swapped it out quickly. Pretty easy to work on these Pavilions, though you do need to move a few peripherals out of the way for easy access. Anyway, here's what I have and what I did.

PC - Pavilion Desktop TP01-1127c with Baker Motherboard

Graphics card: NVIDIA GTX 1650

32 gig RAM

i5-10400F CPU

Removed: L63964=004 310 Watt HP power supply, 80% Gold, WITH 6+2 PCIE

Installed: L69242-800 400 Watt HP power supply, Gold, With 6+2 PCIE

Connections and wiring identical, just more capacity in case I want to go up to a 125 watt graphics card.

and

Morgavo

So I have officially installed the L05757-800 500w PSU on my Baker motherboard. 

The swap went smoothly with zero issues. The L05757-800 fit perfectly; all four screw holes line up in my case, and the P1, P3, & fan pins and cables were exact. Powered up and working with zero issues.

I hope this helps you

I gave you the references here in bold!
seek from this.

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

I have decided to just add a external secondary psu since I have a 1080 watt I'm not using and this would solve all my problems. I am not worried about heat all that much I can fix cooling problems. I could then run whatever gpu will fit in the case, problem solved I have done this before and it works fine. The picture I added syncs the psu together so they both power on at the same time.

Hayesb560_0-1660483137490.jpeg

HP Recommended

I recommend you get a C13 Y splitter to ensure that the both power supplies are grounded.  There are several types available depending on the electrical standards at your location

You have the bakerMS motherboard.  I was unable to find out if it supports a full 75 watts on the x16 slot.   I assume you want to add a high performance graphics board.  You might consider moving the graphics board outside the case and using an x16 (riser) extension that has it own power connector.

A good example of the difficulty is a mod here by @NonSequitur777 

HP Recommended

Ya I'm pretty sure it's 75 watts from the pci express x16 slot. I do have a split power cable, riser would be a great idea since the geforce 3070 is about the length of the case. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.