Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 550-153wb
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I want to know what i can upgrade my HP Pavilion 550-153wb (1TB, Intel Core i3 4th Gen., 3.7GHz, 8GB) Win 10 Home with intel hd 4400 graphics to.

Max 200 on CPU and GPU can go over 300 on both if needed.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Falcon5, welcome to the forum.

Here is the Product Specifications page for the computer.  You can find the processor upgrades in the section titled "Processor upgrade information".  These are the processors that have been tested to assure that they will work with the motherboard.

As for a video card, the main limitation is the power supply unit (PSU).  It is only 180W.  Newer video cards require a minimum of 300W to operate properly.  I normally suggest at least 500W to allow for peak requirements.  The video card should be PCI Epress x16 (Gen 3.0).  I like Corsair PSU's.  They make very good products.  Once you upgrade the PSU you will be able to buy any card that will fit into the space provided.  You can measure the space from the Back I/O panel to the front of the case.  Here is a card that will work for you.  Read the specifications to see what is required for power.  It does need a supplemental power connection on the PSU.  You may find it for less money on another site.

Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Falcon5, welcome to the forum.

Here is the Product Specifications page for the computer.  You can find the processor upgrades in the section titled "Processor upgrade information".  These are the processors that have been tested to assure that they will work with the motherboard.

As for a video card, the main limitation is the power supply unit (PSU).  It is only 180W.  Newer video cards require a minimum of 300W to operate properly.  I normally suggest at least 500W to allow for peak requirements.  The video card should be PCI Epress x16 (Gen 3.0).  I like Corsair PSU's.  They make very good products.  Once you upgrade the PSU you will be able to buy any card that will fit into the space provided.  You can measure the space from the Back I/O panel to the front of the case.  Here is a card that will work for you.  Read the specifications to see what is required for power.  It does need a supplemental power connection on the PSU.  You may find it for less money on another site.

Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.