Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Pavilion 510-p136
Microsoft Windows 10 IOT

I would like to replace the graphics card on my PC so I can run games on it. I would appreciate any in depth responses. This is my first PC and I'm not even sure how I would replace the graphics card if I did get a new one, but I figure the place to start would be figuring out which graphics cards are compatible, so any help would be nice. Thanks!

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@XJayDX , welcome to the Community.

I will be glad to help you choose a new video card for your computer.  Here is a HP Knowledge Base article to tell you what to consider when upgrading to a video card: https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Gaming-Knowledge-Base/Upgrade-Video-Card/ta-p/7481981

The power supply unit (PSU) in your computer is 180W.  Before you can upgrade to a discrete video card, you will have to upgrade it to at least 500W.  Any standard ATX PSU will work, as long as, it fits into the space provided for it.  Here is a PSU that I believe should work: https://www.newegg.com/corsair-tx-m-series-tx550m-550w/p/N82E16817139210

This is a modular PSU.  This means that you only have to use the cables that are absolutely necessary to run the computer.  It allows space for good airflow in the case.  This is extremely important with newer, high power, components.  You can scroll down and read the "Specs" section.  The measurements are listed: 3.39" x 5.91" x 5.51"

You can measure the space where it will be installed.

I will stop here with my information to give you a chance to read more about the PSU and replacing it.  Once you have decided that you want to proceed with the upgrade, let me know.  I will help you choose a video card that will work for you.  It would help to have some names of the games that you want to play.  The best place to start with choosing a video card is reading the System Requirements for each game.

I am here every day at some point.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.