Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion gaming desktop TG01-1057
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hey!

I just bought a HP pavilion gaming desktop and from the specifications i read "Expansionslots: 2x M.2 | 1x PCIe x16 | 1x PCIe x1 " What does that actually mean? I have bought a M2 intel 665p SSD 1tb card which i was gonna install but there is no room except for the stock SSD installed.

From what i can see, there are 3 cables loose inside the desktop which seems to be for SATA disks, if that is the case what sort of SATA disk should i use and is anyone familiar with these adapters that exist on the market which converts m2  to SATA sockets.

The computer is primarly used for gaming.

Really hope i can get some good answers, there seems to be no possible way to get a phone number to the HP support and im not so good on this section!

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hello
I do not know if it is this model, there are different variations, but to tell the truth it will not change much to the answer

You will have no interest, even if it is done and it works to connect an m2 on a sata port!
The best you could do already would be to check if it works instead of the original one.

TG01-1057no Product Specifications 

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

Hey!

The one you linked is the one i have.
So you mean i should try replace the new SSD i bought with the original one? Why wouldn't it work?

HP Recommended

Yes it is in my opinion the best options you have ..
But it happens that some models just are not compatible with the motherboard
there all we can say is what is mentioned, and again an ssd with the required characteristics, might not work very well

One M.2 socket 3, Key M, (2280/2242)

Internal Storage
512 GB PCIe® NVMe™ M.2 SSD
--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------

please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

@Westergren 

The TG01 series supports from the motherboard.  There is an M.2 NVMe SSD socket and 3 SATA device headers. Hopefully the cabling exists. SATA data and SATA power cables are supported from the motherboard ONLY.

1) NVMe SSD

2) Two 3.5" SATA hard drives

You can see the 2nd hard drive tray being lifted. Below is the NVMe. To the right is the other hard drive mount.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eXWuTjthKss

This system is feedback driven thru Solution and Kudo flags. It's the only means of knowing if you have been served. Please click Accept as Solution, if your problem is solved. To say THANK YOU, press the "thumbs up symbol" to render a KUDO. You can render both Solution and KUDO..

HP Envy 8 5010 Tablet
(2) HP DV7t i7 3160QM 2.3Ghz 8GB
Printer -- HP OfficeJet Pro 8620 Legal
Custom Asus Z97D, I7-4790k, 16GB RAM, WIN10 Pro 64bit, ZOTAC GTX1080 AMP Extreme 3 fan 8GB RAM, 500GB SSD, Asus PB287 4k monitor, Rosewill Blackhawk case and 750W OCZ PSU.
HP Recommended

Hey,

Okey, so you're saying that there is only one possible m2 sockets avalible on the motherboard and then 3 sata SSD/HDD drivers can be installed? I've attached some pictures from inside the computer.

Is it only 3,5 tums that i can use or does 2,5 work?1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg4.jpg

HP Recommended

Hello
for my part, I have not yet checked your images
as i said, what you can do is test the new m2 if it works so much better!
If you want to add storage, if the conditions are there (free space, sata data cables and power supply possible) you can install the classic sata 3.5 hard drive choices!
And depending on the compartments, if only 3.5 possibly a 2.5 ssd with support to buy 2.5 to 3.5 to install it

you can try this :

Welcome to Crucial USA

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.