Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Hp pavilion power desktop 580-002nt
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

When i boot my pc its show me hard disk eror(3f4) error code and need test  , when i test my ssd it says wear level is 6% 

What does that mean . 

Can anyone help me?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@obaiamr139 -- wear level is 6%   -- what does that mean?

Compare to a brand-new automobile tire. Measure the depth of the tread. 

Drive a few thousand KM. Remeasure.

Do you get a measurement that is 6% less than the original, as the tire is wearing out?

Typically, the wear on the tire is the same percentage, no matter where on the circumference of the tire that you measure.

The same "wear level" applies to the SSD.  The "cells" that store values have a "lifetime".  Update the value in the cell a few million times, and that cell will be 100% worn-out.

The value for the SSD is an "average" value, measuring the remaining "lifetime" for the entire SSD.

But, in your case, you have a specific error -- like a nail going through an automobile tire -- that directly affects some cells on the SSD, and indirectly affects the "health" of the entire disk-drive.

Your only solution is to replace the disk-drive, like replacing an automobile tire when the tread-level is very low.

Note that the "3F4" is the label for one of your connected disk-drives (or CD/DVD) drives.

Usually, "3F0" refers to the 1st SATA socket on the motherboard, and "3F1" refers to the 2nd SATA socket.

So, seeing "3F4" means that the device connected to the 5th SATA socket is the problematic device.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.