Post new question
Question

Top Student
Message 1 of 9 (335 Views)

Which download to select?

Product Name: Pavilion 500-413nl
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello all,

my question is very simple: which download, among the ones available in this page, should I choose to download and install for my PC? I see that some of them, like AMD, aren't applicable, my PC doesn't have an AMD graphic card.

So what should I do?

0 Kudos
Retired
Message 2 of 9 (296 Views)

Re: Which download to select?

[ Edited ]

Hi there @andy-drew,

Welcome back to the HP Support Forums!  I understand that you are looking for some guidance as to what software/drivers you need to install in your system. I am happy to give you a hand with this.

Was your computer upgraded to Windows 10, or did you later do a clean installation of Windows 10?  If it is an upgrade of an existing HP installation, you can always use the 

HP Support AssistantHP PCs - Using HP Support Assistant (Windows 10, 8, 7). It should search for and show which updates are available based on what hardware is in your system.

Please let me know whether that works for you, and if it does resolve your issue, please mark this post as a solution. Kudos would also be appreciated.  

Malygris1
I work on behalf of HP
Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click Kudos Thumbs Up on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!
Top Student
Message 3 of 9 (293 Views)

Re: Which download to select?

I specifically upgraded to Windows 10 (the PC had Windows 8.1 preinstalled) to maintain the needed drivers. That's what I did: I used the HP Support Assistant and everything seems to work fine Smiley Happy

Top Student
Message 4 of 9 (188 Views)

HP Support Assistant didn't solve

Hello,
HP Support Assistant could not find the proper driver for my card reader (the one buit-in my system); in the page of my product I cannot understand why there two drivers of different brands, Alcor and Realtek, so I don't know what to choose…

HP Support Agent
Message 5 of 9 (168 Views)

Re: HP Support Assistant didn't solve

@andy-drew

Welcome to HP Forums, 

This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips, 

Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you out Smiley Happy 

As I understand the HP Support assistant didn't solve the issue with your card reader.

No worries, as I'll be glad to help you, that said, I'll need a few more details to dissect your concern & provide an accurate solution: 

What is the product number of your device? Use this link to find it: http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03754824 

(Ensure you do not share any of your personal information such as serial, phone number, email ID, etc...).

Did you know that the drivers listed on the HP website are not specific to your computer but only to the model?

(Hence the multiple brands that go into different computer's within the same series)

That said, please provide the product name or number so that I can help identify the correct driver for your computer,

In fact, you can try to them both, however, only the one that is compatible will work or get installed either way.

Let me know how that pans out

I hope you have a good day ahead,

And Feel free to ask any other queries as  well,

Considering, this forum has some of the best people in the world available and ready to help.

{If this resolved your concern, Click on "Accept as Solution" & the Purple Thumbs up}.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

Top Student
Message 6 of 9 (159 Views)

What is the product number of your device?

K2B22EA#ABZ

Thank you! I didn't know this, I thought the model number was univoque for a kind of PC… could you kindly show me, now that I have indicated you the product number of my PC, which are the other drivers for my particular PC, apart from the card reader, since I'm planning a reset / reinstalling of Windows 10 on this PC?
Thank you in advance.

HP Support Agent
Message 7 of 9 (137 Views)

Hi @andy-drew,

It looks like you were interacting with @Riddle_Decipher, but he is out for the day & I'll be glad to help you out, 
I'm the Jeet_Sing & I'm at your service. 

Thank you for getting back to us with the details of the product. Don't worry I'm going to help you find the correct drivers for your Memory card reader.

You could check the manufacturer of the card reader in the device manager and based on the manufacturer, you can go ahead and install the drivers.

Please launch Device manager and scroll down to IDE ATA/ATAPI Controllers.

Here is the link to download and install the drivers for your PC: https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-pavilion-500-400-desktop-pc-series/7161732/model...

I hope this information helps. Let me know if you need any further assistance. I'll be more than happy to help.

Feel free to post your query for any other assistance as well,

It's been a pleasure interacting with you and I hope you have a good day ahead.

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts,

mark my post as Accepted Solution.

And click on the Purple Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment.

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

Top Student
Message 8 of 9 (89 Views)

That said, please provide the product name or number so that I can help identify the correct driver for your computer,

Er… I asked if (and I'm waiting for) you kindly could indicate me all the drivers / software / firmware my K2B22EA#ABZ needs, since I'm still planning in a near future a reset of Windows 10.

HP Support Agent
Message 9 of 9 (70 Views)

@andy-drew

Hi,

as @Jeet_singh is out of the office, I'm replying to you. 

I suggest you to try installing the original drivers from the HP recovery partition. Please refer to the steps mentioned under "Reinstalling hardware drivers on desktop computers running Windows 8" from this HP link: http://bit.ly/2w1HwXY.

I tried searching for the name but could find only the part number. Therefore suggest you to try installing the drivers from the HP recovery manager.

Hope this helps. Cheers! 

MKazi
I am an HP Employee

If you find this post helpful then you can help others find the same solution by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the Thumbs up" button!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation